Author Topic: Is there a way to Auto Ingest different sessions in different folders?  (Read 3638 times)

Offline GetUp

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hello!
Now I am AutoIngest images in to Dated folder ({year4}-{month0}-{day0}/), but often I shoot not one, but 2 or 3, or 4 sessions per day. Is there any way to place it in different folders too, automatically (based on pause between shots (1 hour, 30 min), for example?
Thank you

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Is there a way to Auto Ingest different sessions in different folders?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 07:57:04 AM »
Now I am AutoIngest images in to Dated folder ({year4}-{month0}-{day0}/), but often I shoot not one, but 2 or 3, or 4 sessions per day. Is there any way to place it in different folders too, automatically (based on pause between shots (1 hour, 30 min), for example?
Thank you

No, there is no way to do that in PM.

-Kirk

Offline MoiMel

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 12:54:44 PM »
Hello GetUp and Krik-
I am a brand new PM user and I have a similar question as GetUp.  Like her, I may shoot multiple sessions on one card per day and don't want to download them all in to just one folder upon ingest.  Is there a way I can select only some photos to be ingested and renamed, attributed, etc.?  I see there is incremental ingest, but it sounds like that only recognizes images new to the card that haven't been ingested yet.  For me, none of the images would be ingested yet.  Any workflow suggestions for me that won't take too much time?
Thanks!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 01:28:36 PM »
Hello GetUp and Krik-
I am a brand new PM user and I have a similar question as GetUp.  Like her, I may shoot multiple sessions on one card per day and don't want to download them all in to just one folder upon ingest.  Is there a way I can select only some photos to be ingested and renamed, attributed, etc.?  I see there is incremental ingest, but it sounds like that only recognizes images new to the card that haven't been ingested yet.  For me, none of the images would be ingested yet.  Any workflow suggestions for me that won't take too much time?
Thanks!

You can browse the card directly, select the files you want to copy, and then use the Copy/Move Photos command on the File menu instead of Ingest.  The only major features you'll be missing are the ability to copy to a secondary location and the ability to work with your images as the copy proceeds.

http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php/User_Manual_Flat_View#Copying_and_Moving_Photos

HTH,

-Kirk