Author Topic: MAPI Error when sending via email  (Read 5091 times)

Offline Tall_Paul_2000

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
MAPI Error when sending via email
« on: March 26, 2007, 10:07:03 AM »
Afternoon,

I have had a look through here and at the MAPI error's that people have previously experienced, but can't quite find an answer to the problem I'm having

Currently I am using Outlook 2000 for my email, however when I use the "send via email" option I get a couple of error messages and it won't let me send by email. This happens regardless of whether Outlook is open or not.

The error messages that I get are:

"Out of memory of system resources"

And then once "ok" has been clicked on that:

"Unable to send email via MAPI. Photo Mechanic requires the use of MAPI to send email. Most email clients including Outlook Express support MAPI. You may want to seek the help of your System Administrator or Help Desk to get MAPI operation correctly on your system.

Details: Failed to send Mail Message, Error 2."

I've looked at the link in a posting late last year for changing MAPI settings, however this didn't have a process for Outlook 2000, only 2003.

Any ideas? Could really do with fixing this before this weekend if at all possible.

Many thanks

Paul

ps. Congrats on a fantastic piece of software and this forum too - its a great resource!

Offline Tall_Paul_2000

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: MAPI Error when sending via email
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 05:13:16 AM »
Anyone able to assist with this at all?

Thanks

Paul

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: MAPI Error when sending via email
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 06:55:52 AM »
Anyone able to assist with this at all?

Not really.  MAPI is a huge source of problems for me.  First of all, MAPI has to be configured by the user in order to work properly.  Second, various security patches have all but rendered MAPI completely useless (for instance, we have a checkbox that used to allow you to view the email in the client before you commit to send it, and the latest updates from Microsoft have rendered that feature unusable).

At this point I am surprised that it works at all for anyone, myself included.

We'll have to roll our own email solution in a future version.  For the time being, I would just use drag and drop from the contact sheet to an Outlook 2000 email window.

Sorry for the inconvenience.  These problems have caught me off guard and I won't have time to address this in the 4.5.0 version.

-Kirk