Author Topic: 500px connection problem  (Read 3007 times)

Offline AlanB

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
500px connection problem
« on: December 27, 2017, 04:55:05 PM »
I'm a new member of 500px. I would love to be able to upload directly to my 500px account, however, when I use File Uploader, select 500px the 'Connections' - 'Add/Replace account', I consistently get the following error message: "Server error: No route to host - sendto(2)".

Does anyone know anything about this error and what one should do next?

I am using a trial version of Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 19094 (12cba6f). I have an iMac running OS 10.13.2
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 04:57:57 PM by AlanB »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: 500px connection problem
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 08:16:29 PM »
What kind of internet connection do you have?  Do you have more than one internet connection (wired Ethernet and wireless)?

-Kirk

Offline AlanB

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 10:57:50 PM »
Hi Kirk,
My iMac connects by wifi to the house router. The house in turn is connected to the Australian National Broadband Network (NBN) - fibre to the node and copper to the home. I am currently in our beach house though and have been trying to make the 500px connection from here. Tomorrow I will be back home and so will try to make the connection from there. It will be interesting to see if the problem persists when there. Regards, Alan

Offline AlanB

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 06:42:20 PM »
Hi Kirk,

Now at home, I find I'm able to create the 500px link without any difficulties. Must be related to the Internet connection in some way I guess. Whilst it would be nice to get the holiday home connection working too, I'm not overly worried about that. Thanks for your help. Alan