Author Topic: New PM structured keywords not showing within Lightroom keyword list heirarchy  (Read 13549 times)

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
For the record, what are your IPTC/XMP preferences in PM?
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline Graham1

• View Profile
Sometimes the question itself provides the answer. 

Having checked each setting, I had checked "When updating XMP, add Structured keywords to hierarchical keywords field only".  I unchecked this, and now keywords seem to be added correctly and are recognised by LR within its keyword heirarchy.  The only slight glitch I noticed in my latest test is that synonyms in PM are not recognised as such and are added into the LR keyword hierarchy as if they were keywords in their own right.  This is a relatively minor issue compared to the loss of the keywords I was previously experiencing, and maybe there will be a solution to this as well if I continue looking.

Many thanks for your help.

Graham

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Graham,

The only slight glitch I noticed in my latest test is that synonyms in PM are not recognised as such and are added into the LR keyword hierarchy as if they were keywords in their own right.  This is a relatively minor issue compared to the loss of the keywords I was previously experiencing, and maybe there will be a solution to this as well if I continue looking.

There is no specification in the IPTC/XMP spec for how synonyms are to be treated.  Structured Keywords shows them in a specific font treatment, but when they go into the metadata there is no way to indicate that a synonym is 'special'.  They could be omitted from the flat keywords list if that is preferable.  There is currently no setting that would enable such a feature (it does not exist.)

-Kirk

Offline kbw

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I'm wondering if this problem has been solved.

Have people been able to exchange hierarchical keyword structures (and data) back and forth between PM and LR?

Same question goes for keyword synonyms.

thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Having checked each setting, I had checked "When updating XMP, add Structured keywords to hierarchical keywords field only".  I unchecked this, and now keywords seem to be added correctly and are recognised by LR within its keyword heirarchy.

-Kirk

Offline Soizic

• View Profile
I have an analog problem with CaptureOne and PM.

I put hierarchical keywords a|b|c in C1 for RAW pictures, and export a jpg (without XMP),
PM find in JPG.   a|b|c, a|b, a,b,c
I want only a|b|c
Which is wrong, C1 or PM, a solution ?

Merci
Soizic (France)
MacBook Pro M1,Ventura, PM+ à jour, deepl translator

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
I have an analog problem with CaptureOne and PM.

I put hierarchical keywords a|b|c in C1 for RAW pictures, and export a jpg (without XMP),
PM find in JPG.   a|b|c, a|b, a,b,c
I want only a|b|c
Which is wrong, C1 or PM, a solution ?

Please provide a sample image.

Thanks,

-Kirk