Author Topic: Burn session across multiple dvd's  (Read 8697 times)

Offline widphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Burn session across multiple dvd's
« on: March 22, 2007, 11:20:31 AM »
Would be nice to be able to burn a 20 gig folder (as example) of RAW files automatically across multiple dvd's without having to calculate and break into seperate folders.

russ

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Burn session across multiple dvd's
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 02:05:52 PM »
Russ,

Would be nice to be able to burn a 20 gig folder (as example) of RAW files automatically across multiple dvd's without having to calculate and break into seperate folders.

That is the primary function of the Burn Photos to Disc feature.  It automatically spans multiple discs, and in fact, you can start out with DVDs and finish up with a CD for the last bunch of files.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline widphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 11:13:33 AM »
cool, thanks. It was not entirely clear from the dialog box without trying it.

russ

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 11:56:17 AM »
Russ,

cool, thanks. It was not entirely clear from the dialog box without trying it.

Hmm.  Well it tells you how many DVDs or CDs are needed to burn the set of files.  Can you suggest how we might make that clearer?

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline widphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 04:37:51 PM »
It does calculate the total and counts the disks, but it is not clear if you only have a couple of files selected as I did. So a side note stating that it will span multiple disks, regardless of what is selected might be an idea.

I have revisited this feature again today, and the pull down that suggests that you can burn nested folders did not seem to work. I browsed to a folder (left list) containing many folders, tried the pulldown for two levels but the burn logo never hightlighted as functioning. Is there something I am missing here?

The burn button works when I select the files individually or as a select all files.

russ

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2007, 04:49:41 PM »
Russ,

It does calculate the total and counts the disks, but it is not clear if you only have a couple of files selected as I did. So a side note stating that it will span multiple disks, regardless of what is selected might be an idea.

I have revisited this feature again today, and the pull down that suggests that you can burn nested folders did not seem to work. I browsed to a folder (left list) containing many folders, tried the pulldown for two levels but the burn logo never hightlighted as functioning. Is there something I am missing here?

The burn button works when I select the files individually or as a select all files.

The feature is only active when you have photos selected.  You can open multiple folders into a single contact sheet and then the nested folders feature makes more sense.

HTH,

-Kirk