Author Topic: Rename or remove a snapshot in IPTC Stationery Pad  (Read 4786 times)

Offline Goos van der Veen

• View Profile
    • www.goosvanderveen.com
Rename or remove a snapshot in IPTC Stationery Pad
« on: December 30, 2017, 02:17:51 PM »
Maybe a stupid question, but I think I've tried everything else:

Is the only way to rename or remove a snapshot from the IPTC Stationery Pad, to go into the IPTCDialogSettings folder deep inside the user library (Mac) and rename or remove it there, or am I missing something? I couldn't find a way to do it in the IPTC Stationery Pad itself, nor in the Save dialog.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Rename or remove a snapshot in IPTC Stationery Pad
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 04:10:33 PM »
http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php/User_Manual_Flat_View#Snapshots

Snapshots can be managed by modifier-clicking on the named entry in the snapshot list. This brings up the Finder or Windows Explorer opened to the folder where the Snapshots are saved.

In the Finder or Windows Explorer, you can copy, rename and delete the snapshot files if you would like. When you return to Photo Mechanic, the snapshot menu will be updated.

http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php/Modifier_Key

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Goos van der Veen

• View Profile
    • www.goosvanderveen.com
Re: Rename or remove a snapshot in IPTC Stationery Pad
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 07:12:38 AM »
Good old RTFM... But:

All I wanted to do is correct a typo in the title of a snapshot. As a Mac user for decades now, pressing modifier keys is what I always try first if I want something special. I didn't modifier-click on the list, because this list is meant to choose one of the snapshots, something you do every day. If you want to save something new, or some change, the first thing you do is click the Save button above the list. But once you're in the Save dialog modifier-clicking doesn't work any longer. My point: the UI is a bit misleading here.