Author Topic: Setup photomechanic in new Mac  (Read 2651 times)

Offline Perttis

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Setup photomechanic in new Mac
« on: December 29, 2017, 11:48:03 PM »
My trusty old mac pro died. Have now iMac.
How can I copy my old Photomechanic settings to new one, (IPTC stationary, keywords,etc) as I can not use those photomechanics export functions?
I have access to my old hard drive, and from there I could copy settings, but which files to copy? (and what can be copied)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Setup photomechanic in new Mac
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 11:43:18 AM »
On your old hard drive you need to find the PM preferences folder.  It should be in the following location:

<Old HD name>/Users/<your short username>/Library/Preferences/com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic/

All of the files and folders in that folder can be copied to your new system, but you may have some problems (that can be corrected in PM itself) with paths to various items that may not exist on your new computer (or are in a different location).  Examples would be the disk cache path (if you ever changed it from the default, which can be fixed in the Caching section of the prefs dialog), and paths to your favorite editor applications (can be updated in the Launching section of the prefs dialog.)

I expect the rest of the settings to just work.  If you have difficulty and want help contact our support folks after the holidays.

By email: support@camerabits.com

By phone: +1 503.547.2800 option 2

Hours: Mon-Fri, 9:00am-5:00pm [PST/PDT]

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Perttis

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Setup photomechanic in new Mac
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 12:01:14 PM »
Thanks, worked just right