Author Topic: Difference with Date and Capture time  (Read 2300 times)

Offline MathieuT

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Difference with Date and Capture time
« on: January 19, 2018, 07:55:59 AM »
Hello,
I have an issue with the date of my photo, which is a serious problem as a photojournalist working for the press.

On some of my file I have a difference between the field "Date" and "Capture Time". Those with the wrong date have all the same date "04/04/2016". I checked of course the date on my camera.

The only way to solve the problem, apart from manually changing the date photo by photo, is to use the Tool "Adjust Capture Dates and Times" and adjust Photos by checking the box "Update file IPTC/XMP date/time".

Could you help me fixing this issue ?
Thanks a lot

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Difference with Date and Capture time
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 08:04:31 AM »
On some of my file I have a difference between the field "Date" and "Capture Time". Those with the wrong date have all the same date "04/04/2016". I checked of course the date on my camera.

What caused the IPTC Date to change?  Did you apply an IPTC Stationery Pad to those images with a set date in them?  You can use the IPTC Stationery Pad to set a particular date or have it make the IPTC Date be the same as the Capture Time.

The Capture Date/Time and the IPTC Date are independent of each other.  You can make them the same if you want to or you can have them differ.

-Kirk

Offline MathieuT

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Difference with Date and Capture time
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 08:22:06 AM »
Yes I checked and you are rigth the problem was when I was loading a profile in the IPTC Stationary Pad with a pre-loaded date which was wrong !!!!
Thanks Kirk a lot for your help