Author Topic: Live ingest and local/global IPTC stationary pad as in "normal" ingest  (Read 3256 times)

Offline Primoz

• View Profile
    • PhotoSI Sports photo agency
Hi guys :)
After loooong time I'm back here (sorry it's your fault PM works perfectly :)), with one request. Times are changing and nowadays if it's not real time it's too late, so we are more and more using live ingest (photographers sends photos to server straight from camera on field, editor gets them with live ingest). And here's one thing that I would like to be changed if possible.
With "normal" ingest, you can pick if you want to use local IPTC Stationary or Global one. It's really cool feature, as you can actually have two different Stationary pads, one to deal with already ingested photos, and one for ingest.
With live ingest, you don't have this option, and you can just use current IPTC stationaly pad, which of course it works, but having same option as with "normal ingest" would be really cool feature.
Would there be chance to think about this, and if not too hard to implement option for local/global stationary also for live ingest?
Thanks guys and greetings,
Primoz

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Live ingest and local/global IPTC stationary pad as in "normal" ingest
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 01:13:25 PM »
Primoz,

We consider all feature requests.  Your request certainly is reasonable.  I cannot say whether this request will be implemented or not.

-Kirk

Offline mbbphoto

• View Profile
Re: Live ingest and local/global IPTC stationary pad as in "normal" ingest
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 10:22:03 PM »
FWIW I would use this feature....along with a command button to stop/start ingest from within the live ingest dialog box which would speed up file name and caption changes.
Thanks, as always, for considering.
Marc