Author Topic: Watermark Anchor points  (Read 4564 times)

Offline petereoin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Watermark Anchor points
« on: January 26, 2018, 04:38:59 PM »
I would like to have the watermark positions more flexible.
Currently there are 9 anchor point, if you look at my screenshot, adding in left and top variables would allow the watermark to be positioned anywhere on the photo

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Watermark Anchor points
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 08:11:19 PM »
Peter,

I would like to have the watermark positions more flexible.
Currently there are 9 anchor point, if you look at my screenshot, adding in left and top variables would allow the watermark to be positioned anywhere on the photo

Non-percentage based ones would only ever work properly with a specific destination image size.  Better would be a percentage from the top left (0%, 0% would be the top-left corner, 100%,100% would be the bottom-right corner.)

-Kirk

Offline mpw1950

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2018, 04:15:39 AM »
Google showed how easy it was to remove regular watermarks usingmodest AI. The recommendation was to randomly distort the water mark to make it less regular and therefore a more challenging to remove. Would some form of watermark image distortion be possible?

https://www.plagiarismtoday.com/2017/08/29/google-researchers-create-algorithm-to-remove-image-watermarks/

I guess we can get some benefit by using image reference or other variation on an image by image basis.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 07:40:04 AM »
Google showed how easy it was to remove regular watermarks usingmodest AI. The recommendation was to randomly distort the water mark to make it less regular and therefore a more challenging to remove. Would some form of watermark image distortion be possible?

https://www.plagiarismtoday.com/2017/08/29/google-researchers-create-algorithm-to-remove-image-watermarks/

I guess we can get some benefit by using image reference or other variation on an image by image basis.

I suppose, but what happens when they improve the AI even further?  It may make more sense to destroy more of the source image intentionally by increasing the opacity of your watermark image.

-Kirk

Offline mpw1950

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2018, 11:39:21 AM »
True, we are in an arms race with the bad guys. At the moment I do not see a viable solution beyond chasing infringmenets whenecer possible, but it is such a soul destroying occupation when we would be sooner taking photographs >:(