Author Topic: Update metadata i color class i PM 5 Windows 10  (Read 3455 times)

Offline jordics

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Update metadata i color class i PM 5 Windows 10
« on: January 31, 2018, 06:43:43 AM »
Good, I'm testing the latest PM version in Windows 10. I also use Lightroom CC Classic to edit. I have made the changes to preferences of both softwares to be able to synchronize the metadata. But what happens to me is that when I update and record the metaddes to LR, then I can not get to see PM 5 also. I speak of the label colors. I do not know if the cause is that I am trying the PM version or so there is another one.
Can you help me to solve it?

Offline jordics

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Update metadata i color class i PM 5 Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 07:16:48 AM »
I have been able to solve the question raised. The problem was that the color label on PM5 was in English and the LR color label was in Spanish. I put both with the same idoma and voila. Fixed
sorry for the inconvenience

Offline jordics

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 08:06:15 AM »
I have another question regarding metadata reading, in this case, of the editing of the image. I edit LR, record metadata (CTRL + S) and when I see the images in PM 5, they are not updated with the edition made. Do something wrong?
Must do something to preferences? Help me, please! :)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 09:10:35 AM »
I have another question regarding metadata reading, in this case, of the editing of the image. I edit LR, record metadata (CTRL + S) and when I see the images in PM 5, they are not updated with the edition made. Do something wrong?
Must do something to preferences? Help me, please! :)

Unless you're using DNG and forcing Lr to update the preview in the DNG then your RAW adjustments will not appear in Photo Mechanic.  Adobe does not share their rendering technology with us or anyone else so we can't have the same look as Adobe's software.

-Kirk

Offline jordics

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 11:25:19 AM »
Thank you Kirk, but you tell me that I work with dng if I can see it anyway?
It is to be able to work with the tools and the PM file. That makes it quite good

And if Iwork with this I must change the preferences with the xmp file o iptc, to write itpc metadates, or it's not necessary?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 11:37:11 AM by jordics »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2018, 11:37:02 AM »
Thank you Kirk, but you tell me that I work with dng if I can see it anyway?
It is to be able to work with the tools and the PM file. That makes it quite good

Yes, Adobe's tools are capable of updating the preview in DNG files and PM can use them for display.  However, you'll have to force Adobe's apps to update the previews.

-Kirk