Author Topic: displaying file name and shutter speed /aperture on preview window?  (Read 2736 times)

Offline Pompo

• View Profile
    • Alfonso Bresciani
Is there a way of having displayed on large previews the file name and even shutter speed and aperture? The only thing I have found is to display it on the thumbnails with the tool tips, so not where I would like to have it displayed.

Offline Odd Skjaeveland

• View Profile
Re: displaying file name and shutter speed /aperture on preview window?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 10:32:33 AM »
The only thing I have found is to display it on the thumbnails with the tool tips

By tool tip you mean the pop up shown when the mouse pointer is over a thumbnail?

If yes, you may find the extra thumbnail labels useful.

Go Edit->Preferences and select the Contact Sheet pane. In the middle section of the dialog, on the right hand side, you can activate up to 3 extra labels.
(Name +1 Label, Name +2 Labels or Name +3 Labels). Fill in the information you want to see in the Label 1, 2, 3 fields below it. Use the button Variables...  to pick what you want in Label 1, 2, 3. I currently have mine set to {w}x{h}, {model} {serial}, {date} {time}, but I change them if I want different information.

The file name is in the preview window title bar. You can see shutter speed, aperture and more in the preview window side panel (the Info section), but it is not shown in full screen mode.
--
Odd S.

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 01:32:29 AM »
If it's the thumbnails you want the info for, then use Odd's suggestion. If you mean the full preview, then you can edit what is in the info panel at the top right of the preview window (edit info text), but that normally already contains the shutter speed and aperture. Or am I misunderstanding your question?
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline Pompo

• View Profile
    • Alfonso Bresciani
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 06:11:24 AM »
" If you mean the full preview, then you can edit what is in the info panel at the top right of the preview window (edit info text), but that normally already contains the shutter speed and aperture. Or am I misunderstanding your question?
"

I meant for the preview yes but I would like to have the info I need overplayed  the image, like on lightroom, if I go all the way full screen without tool bar and sidebar all the info is not visible anymore.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 07:13:37 AM »
There is no overlay option in the Preview.  However, you can right-click on a photo in the Preview and the contextual menu will show you all of your Info Text as a fly-out sub-menu.

-Kirk
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 04:51:54 PM by Kirk Baker »