Author Topic: advice on how to save a tagged set of jpgs in photomechanic  (Read 4098 times)

Offline Jan Normandale

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
advice on how to save a tagged set of jpgs in photomechanic
« on: February 08, 2018, 08:50:35 PM »
My initial search of my images stored on my HD was a broadcast search using PM for any and all images. Once I had those images from the search I tagged/checked the images to form a future subset. When I was done tagging I selected "tagged" from the drop down menu "All, selected, tagged, untagged". Which I wanted to save for future work. I then went to the "edit" drop down menu and selected "save selection". What I got was a text file showing the jpg numeric ID of a single image.

What I need is the equivalent of the “open recent” function of the “File” drop down menu for the set of tagged images. Any guidance or links are appreciated that will enable me to 're-open' the tagged images after start up.

thanks

thanks
Jan
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 08:55:19 PM by Jan Normandale »

Offline Odd Skjaeveland

• View Profile
Re: advice on how to save a tagged set of jpgs in photomechanic
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 11:08:10 PM »
What I need is the equivalent of the “open recent” function of the “File” drop down menu for the set of tagged images.

It works ok for me to re-open the same contact sheet and do Edit Load Selection, navigate to the text file etc, and then Image Tag Selected Photos to get back to what I once had, but that is presumably not what you need? 
--
Odd S.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 09:32:37 AM »
Jan,

My initial search of my images stored on my HD was a broadcast search using PM for any and all images. Once I had those images from the search I tagged/checked the images to form a future subset. When I was done tagging I selected "tagged" from the drop down menu "All, selected, tagged, untagged". Which I wanted to save for future work. I then went to the "edit" drop down menu and selected "save selection". What I got was a text file showing the jpg numeric ID of a single image.

What I need is the equivalent of the “open recent” function of the “File” drop down menu for the set of tagged images. Any guidance or links are appreciated that will enable me to 're-open' the tagged images after start up.

You would need to perform the same search, and then set the filter popup to "tagged" like you did before.  There is no way to do this with a single command.

-Kirk

Offline Jan Normandale

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 01:47:17 PM »
as usual thanks for the prompt response Kirk it's appreciated.

I won't get into all the details of my work flow and how I edit. I have a guideline for life.. by the time I have thought of something someone else already has and shortly more will have similar thoughts.

To the point I think a 'saved sort' and 'saved search' function would be of immense help to people editing images for books and magazines and who need to revisit these kind of photo sets because of interruptions in workflow. Being able to come back to a previous sort or search results several days later would be an immense help and feature.

Possibly these are some features for the Camera Bits/PhotoMechanic pros to discuss and consider

regards

Jan

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 04:33:53 PM »
Jan,

as usual thanks for the prompt response Kirk it's appreciated.

I won't get into all the details of my work flow and how I edit. I have a guideline for life.. by the time I have thought of something someone else already has and shortly more will have similar thoughts.

To the point I think a 'saved sort' and 'saved search' function would be of immense help to people editing images for books and magazines and who need to revisit these kind of photo sets because of interruptions in workflow. Being able to come back to a previous sort or search results several days later would be an immense help and feature.

Possibly these are some features for the Camera Bits/PhotoMechanic pros to discuss and consider

When PM6+Catalog comes out, you will simply select a group of photos and make a "Collection" from them.  Viewing them at a later time is as simple as double clicking on the Collection you made.  The Contact Sheet would contain only the images in the Collection you created.

-Kirk

Offline Jan Normandale

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2018, 06:53:21 PM »
Nice....! I'm excited. 
:- )