Author Topic: Deleting all keywords on more than one image, at once  (Read 4701 times)

Offline thomaspickard

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Deleting all keywords on more than one image, at once
« on: February 11, 2018, 11:08:54 PM »
I'm on Photomechanic Version 5.0, build 19094 (12cba6f) on Mac 10.13.3.

I have searched for an answer to this question, but can't seem to find anything but the 'Find and Replace' functionality.

My problem is this:
I have batches of images, which have keywords and I want to delete all those keywords from the IPTC Keyword field, so the IPTC Keyword field is blank. I have multiple keywords per image and they are often different between images.

Can I do this in PM and if so, how?

Thank you. Thomas

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: Deleting all keywords on more than one image, at once
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 03:24:33 AM »
Yes, deleting all keywords is possible. If you open the IPTC stationary pad and tick the box before the keywords field (not the one with the +, but the regular one) and do not fill in any keywords, your keywords will be removed  :)
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline thomaspickard

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 12:08:34 AM »
Thanks for the reply.

I tried what you did - but the keywords are still showing in the IPTC panel for the photo.

I should clarify, the images in question already have keywords. I want to bulk delete all the keywords (which are different from image to image).

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 08:12:32 AM »
Thanks for the reply.

I tried what you did - but the keywords are still showing in the IPTC panel for the photo.

I should clarify, the images in question already have keywords. I want to bulk delete all the keywords (which are different from image to image).

Please post a screen shot of the IPTC Stationery Pad that you applied, showing the Keywords field.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 08:53:27 AM »

Also, it is important to "Select All" before applying the Stationery Pad. On a Mac  you can do this quickly with Cmd-a   then Cmd-i to open the Stationery Pad.  (IPTC Info and IPTC Stationery Pad are two different tools) That's what happens in the above.  If this is what you are doing and keywords are not disappearing, then I would guess the images are on a removable drive where your permissions have gone askew.

-Mick 
Mick O
Camera Bits

Offline carlseibert

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 12:42:47 PM »
What MickO said.  Great GIF, by the way!

It's important to make sure you don't zap any information you want to keep when you apply the Stationery Pad.

My advice is to start by clearing the Stationery Pad, then make sure that the Keywords field is the only one ticked before you apply.