Author Topic: Missing Folders in PM...not Finder  (Read 2309 times)

Offline thejackaryman

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Missing Folders in PM...not Finder
« on: February 19, 2018, 07:47:09 PM »
I am running Photo Mechanic version 5, build 19252 on MacBook Pro with macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.3.

This may have been discussed already but I'm having one heck of a time. Here are a couple images of the problem I'm having. Finder shows all of my folders. However, when I try to browse that hard drive in PM, they're not all showing up. Is there a solution to this problem? Has it been discussed before?

***UPDATED INFO: I just tried to reinstall build 19094 on the MacBook Pro because that's what I run on my iMac. The iMac shows the entire hard drive's library. That did not work on the MacBook, unfortunately.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 08:08:02 PM by thejackaryman »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Missing Folders in PM...not Finder
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 11:10:29 PM »
I am running Photo Mechanic version 5, build 19252 on MacBook Pro with macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.3.

This may have been discussed already but I'm having one heck of a time. Here are a couple images of the problem I'm having. Finder shows all of my folders. However, when I try to browse that hard drive in PM, they're not all showing up. Is there a solution to this problem? Has it been discussed before?

***UPDATED INFO: I just tried to reinstall build 19094 on the MacBook Pro because that's what I run on my iMac. The iMac shows the entire hard drive's library. That did not work on the MacBook, unfortunately.

What format is the external drive?

-Kirk

Offline thejackaryman

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 06:22:35 AM »
ExFat -- I've had it in the format the entire time I've had PM. I've been using it on both the iMac and MacBook Pro.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 08:49:08 AM »
ExFat -- I've had it in the format the entire time I've had PM. I've been using it on both the iMac and MacBook Pro.

I don't know why the Navigator wouldn't show all of your folders.  However, ExFat, FAT, and FAT32 are Windows file systems and are not native macOS file systems.

For a problem like this, I suggest contacting our support folks at:

By email: support@camerabits.com

By phone: +1 503.547.2800 option 2

Hours: Mon-Fri, 9:00am-5:00pm [PST/PDT]

They should be able to troubleshoot the issue further with you.

-Kirk