Author Topic: Date greyed out?  (Read 1855 times)

Offline reefer

• View Profile
Date greyed out?
« on: February 21, 2018, 11:19:55 AM »
Hi,

Any idea as to why the date drop-down is greyed out on this set of IPTC? I can change the drop-down on the stationary pad but not on an image the stationary pad has already been applied to.

I'm trying to work with 2 sets of captions, my primary client IPTC info is stamped onto the images during ingest, but I need to then switch the IPTC caption to another client, this is where the problem with the drop-down occurs.

Does this make sense? I hope you can help.

Thanks,

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Date greyed out?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 01:01:27 PM »
Hi,

Any idea as to why the date drop-down is greyed out on this set of IPTC? I can change the drop-down on the stationary pad but not on an image the stationary pad has already been applied to.

I'm trying to work with 2 sets of captions, my primary client IPTC info is stamped onto the images during ingest, but I need to then switch the IPTC caption to another client, this is where the problem with the drop-down occurs.

Sounds like you have customized the layout of your IPTC dialogs and that you have disabled that field.  In the Accessibility section of the Preferences dialog use the IPTC Customization buttons to bring up the editor and find the Date field and make sure it is enabled.

-Kirk

Offline reefer

• View Profile
Re: Date greyed out?
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 01:05:11 PM »
Kirk, that's great. I didn't realise that set of options even existed!  Thanks very much.