Author Topic: How do I find out what my ingest errors are?  (Read 1700 times)

Offline swldstn

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
How do I find out what my ingest errors are?
« on: February 26, 2018, 09:49:42 AM »
So I am taking a large number of camera databases and reingesting them to move them to a new directory structure.
Previously organized by each camera and then year/month.

I am re-organizing by year/month/<file_name>_<camera_model> so my wife can use the catalog I am building easier.

Now my problem. When I ingest on some I get a task that reports "Ingest complete (16 errors)" with a red status.
So how do I find out what the errors where and what they are all about? Is there some kind of log file for an ingest?

If there is no log file with an explanation of errors what am I supposed to do?

Please help me understand how I should find out what the errors are? For all I know it could just be complaining about files it doesn't understand or maybe I am loosing files in the transfer but its impossible to tell.

Thanks in advance.

Steve W

Offline Jerry H

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: How do I find out what my ingest errors are?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 10:47:26 AM »
Photo Mechanic's log file may have some useful information regarding these Ingest errors.

Please upload your Photo Mechanic log file. In Photo Mechanic go to the Help menu and choose "Reveal Support Data..." and moments later a Finder/Explorer window will come forward with the zipped log file selected.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your zipped PM log file.

Thanks,

Jerry