Author Topic: Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 19252 (b2467f1)  (Read 2606 times)

Offline jinglyjangly

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 19252 (b2467f1)
« on: February 26, 2018, 02:44:23 PM »
I have thousands upon thousands of photos, all in different folders by date. Photo Mechanic keeps on hanging up and I have to force quit on the Mac.
I quite like the program but Im getting totally pissed with it, it works fine for an hour or so and then I have to keep killing the program, before I go back to Breeze Browser  which means a lot of work
making new volumes on disk as its a microsoft program only, has anybody had the same issue and if so did you solve it?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 19252 (b2467f1)
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 06:12:59 PM »
I have thousands upon thousands of photos, all in different folders by date. Photo Mechanic keeps on hanging up and I have to force quit on the Mac.
I quite like the program but Im getting totally pissed with it, it works fine for an hour or so and then I have to keep killing the program, before I go back to Breeze Browser  which means a lot of work
making new volumes on disk as its a microsoft program only, has anybody had the same issue and if so did you solve it?

How many thousands of photos are you trying to work with at a given time with PM5 on macOS?  How many Contact Sheet tabs do you have open?

PM5 is designed to work with a few thousand photos at a time in a folder.  That said, depending on which sort you're using, the performance can be good even on 10,000 or more images.  Filename sort is the fastest, Capture Time and custom sorts are the slowest.

-Kirk