Author Topic: Longtime Mac PM user with Windows questions  (Read 2563 times)

Offline andycollings

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Longtime Mac PM user with Windows questions
« on: March 01, 2018, 03:39:58 AM »
Hi. I've been a super happy PM Mac user since around 2001(!) and have built a windows computer.
I'm using the trial of latest PM on Windows 10.

I have two initial questions:
1. Can I import any/all of my Mac settings, stationary etc to Windows? How?
2. I tried doing something that I do all the time on my Macs but kept getting error messages. That something is the Copy/Move command with a destination of a subfolder created using foldername generated with {filenamebase:0,12:PC} Selects {iptcyear2}{iptcmonth0}{iptcday0}
PM will export a few of the ~500 images and then stops, pops up the message, and one of the few that were moved has a temporary filename.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Longtime Mac PM user with Windows questions
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 08:00:07 AM »
Andy,

Hi. I've been a super happy PM Mac user since around 2001(!) and have built a windows computer.
I'm using the trial of latest PM on Windows 10.

I have two initial questions:
1. Can I import any/all of my Mac settings, stationary etc to Windows? How?

Much of them, yes.  See:
http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php/User_Manual_Flat_View#Exporting_Preferences
and
http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php/User_Manual_Flat_View#Importing_Preferences

2. I tried doing something that I do all the time on my Macs but kept getting error messages. That something is the Copy/Move command with a destination of a subfolder created using foldername generated with {filenamebase:0,12:PC} Selects {iptcyear2}{iptcmonth0}{iptcday0}
PM will export a few of the ~500 images and then stops, pops up the message, and one of the few that were moved has a temporary filename.

Please post a screenshot of your Copy dialog settings, and your PM log file.  In Photo Mechanic go to the Help menu and choose "Reveal Support Data..." and moments later a Windows Explorer window will come forward with the zipped log file selected.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your zipped PM log file and your JPEG screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline andycollings

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 06:04:15 PM »
Thanks Kirk. I've attached the two items.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 08:10:57 PM »
Andy,

Thanks Kirk. I've attached the two items.

I don't see any errors pertaining to your issue in the log.  My guess would be that you've indicated that you want files moved instead of copied and that one or more of the files couldn't be deleted (due to permissions problems) after they were copied.

-Kirk