Author Topic: To buy or not to buy Photo Mechanic?  (Read 15296 times)

Offline BillyDix

• View Profile
Re: To buy or not to buy Photo Mechanic?
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2018, 06:44:39 AM »
Photo Mechanic is at the point where any new features are features I didn't know I needed. It is the absolute best at what it does. This isn't about flash and show it's about getting the job done in a flash. As said before, if you use the trial and not impressed then walk away otherwise BUY it.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 08:25:37 PM by BillyDix »

Offline dbvirago

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2018, 01:29:28 PM »
Photo Mechanic is at the point where any new features are features I didn't know I needed. It is the absolute best at what it does. This isn't about flash and show it's about getting the job done in a flash. As said before, if you use the trial and not impressed then walk away otherwise BUY it.

Pretty much this.

Offline OlliT

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Headshots Seattle
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2018, 09:47:13 AM »

Can you describe your work and where Photo Mechanic fits in your workflow? Sounds like PM works great for you, but without knowing how you use it, it is hard to say anything about the features.

Offline dbvirago

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2018, 11:10:13 AM »
I am using it to import images onto my computer, view and make selections of the ones I want to keep, then adding keywords, descriptions and other metadata as needed. These are the things that Lightroom either isn't very good at or is painfully slow. This part off the process is now much faster than before and as a result, the time I spend in Lightroom is much less.

Offline platti

• View Profile
    • my gallery on zenfolio
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2018, 02:47:25 AM »
... I can go quicker through technical concerns and concetrate on the conceptual side of the photo work. 
that's the reason why I use PM for so many years now ...
greets from a hill
my gallery on zenfolio