Author Topic: PM5 to CO7 Express Workflow  (Read 3095 times)

Offline cliffetzelphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • website
PM5 to CO7 Express Workflow
« on: March 05, 2018, 03:53:09 PM »
I'm still using Capture One 7 Express as I'm not in the position to upgrade to the latest CO11 (I know it's fairly old but if it isn't broke, don't fix it IMO).

I downloaded the trial of PM5 and want to incorporate it for culling/captioning and then bringing those images into CO7 Express.  Having watched the tutorials for how well PM5 works with LR, I've tried to get the same functionality with CO but so far it doesn't want to cooperate.  I use CO because I love how great it makes my RAW files look. Also when I shoot stills for audio slideshows in 16:9 PAR, CO7 doesn't force them to that aspect ratio unlike Lightroom.  It's a known Adobe "feature" in Lightroom to force how the images were shot in camera but CO7 doesn't force that - giving me the option to use the native 4:3 aspect ratio of my Olympus Mirrorless cameras if I want at a later time for print work, etc.

Any advice on how to incorporate PM5 working with CO?  I have 30 days to get it to work the way I want and want to make sure before I part with $150 to purchase the full license for Photo Mechanic.

TIA,

Cliff
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 09:25:27 AM by cliffetzelphoto »
Cliff Etzel - Photographer, Storyteller, Humanitarian

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM5 to CO7 Express Workflow
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 06:07:37 PM »
Cliff,

Could you be more specific about what isn't cooperating and what steps you've tried to get the two applications to work together?

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline cliffetzelphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • website
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 04:50:01 PM »
Kirk - I'm making the assumption that it would work with CO like it would with Lightroom.

Specifically - ingesting images, apply star ratings, etc... Selecting all of them and then dragging them from PM to CO7 Express.  In Lightroom it opens the import feature, in CO7 Express, it does nothing.  Maybe it doesn't work that way hence my question.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 08:18:22 PM »
Cliff,

Kirk - I'm making the assumption that it would work with CO like it would with Lightroom.

Specifically - ingesting images, apply star ratings, etc... Selecting all of them and then dragging them from PM to CO7 Express.  In Lightroom it opens the import feature, in CO7 Express, it does nothing.  Maybe it doesn't work that way hence my question.

I'm not familiar with that product, but how about taking PM out of the equation as a test?  Select some images on the desktop (or any other folder of your choosing) and drag and drop them to CO7 Express.  If that does the same thing as when you drag and drop from PM, then I expect the fault to lie with CO7 Express.

-Kirk

Offline cliffetzelphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • website
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 09:24:10 AM »
After reading your response, I went back in and discovered that I need to drag the images in a folder into the bottom area of the main window (See Attached image) so it does work, just need to know where to drag those images ingested with Photo Mechanic.

Cliff,

I'm not familiar with that product, but how about taking PM out of the equation as a test?  Select some images on the desktop (or any other folder of your choosing) and drag and drop them to CO7 Express.  If that does the same thing as when you drag and drop from PM, then I expect the fault to lie with CO7 Express.

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018, 09:39:11 AM »
Cliff,

That's excellent.  Hopefully this will help other C1 Express users in the future.

Thanks,

-Kirk