Author Topic: Code not being copied correctly  (Read 3614 times)

Offline JonHob

• View Profile
Code not being copied correctly
« on: February 18, 2018, 01:45:23 PM »
Hi

For some reason, when I'm entering my codes, instead of Burton's I'm getting Burton?s. The code I have entered is correct and I have re-written it just in case.

I'm using a 2015 MPB 10.12.6 with your very latest build of PM. It also did it with the previous build too.

Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Code not being copied correctly
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 06:08:14 PM »
For some reason, when I'm entering my codes, instead of Burton's I'm getting Burton?s. The code I have entered is correct and I have re-written it just in case.

I'm using a 2015 MPB 10.12.6 with your very latest build of PM. It also did it with the previous build too.

Please post your code replacement text file here.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Jerry H

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 10:42:22 AM »
Thank you for the file. I found several non-UTF-8 characters in your Code Replacement text file that appear to be the cause of the problem you're having.

Please make certain that when you create a Code Replacement file it is in plain text. A rich text editor will create characters that are not compatible with PM's Code Replacement function.

More information on creating Code Replacement files for PM can be found here: http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php?title=User_Manual_Flat_View#Code_Replacement_FIles

HTH,

Jerry

Offline JonHob

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 11:09:10 AM »
That's great, thanks for your help.

I have used Open Office and Text Edit to make and edit my codes.

I will do what you advise.

Jon

Offline JonHob

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 10:10:39 PM »
It appears the ‘ (Chelsea‘s) that my MacBook Pro uses isn’t compatible and instead uses a ? (Chelsea?s). I have no idea why this is and cannot remeber changing anything that would cause this issue. Is there a way to reset this?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 10:50:30 PM »
Jon,

It appears the ‘ (Chelsea‘s) that my MacBook Pro uses isn’t compatible and instead uses a ? (Chelsea?s). I have no idea why this is and cannot remeber changing anything that would cause this issue. Is there a way to reset this?

Make sure you're using a text editor that allows you to load and save text in Unicode (UTF-8) format.  Any non-ASCII characters must be UTF-8 encoded sequences.  BBedit and TextWrangler are Unicode savvy text editors on macOS.  Notepad++ is a Unicode savvy text editor on Windows.

-Kirk

Offline JonHob

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2018, 11:27:42 PM »
Hi Kirk.

Thanks for your help. As I mainly use Apple’s Text Editor for my codes, I checked the apps preferences. As you advised, there was a setting which was set to Rich Text. After changing to Plain Text, it’s all sorted!!

Cheers!!!