Author Topic: Installation problem  (Read 3262 times)

Offline Alan

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Installation problem
« on: March 05, 2018, 05:03:45 PM »
I reinstalled windows 10. I'm getting the attached error when I install PM. I have downloaded the latest version. I'm now getting error messages when I try to ingest.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Installation problem
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 06:09:08 PM »
I'd like to see your Photo Mechanic log.  In Photo Mechanic go to the Help menu and choose "Reveal Support Data..." and moments later a Windows Explorer window will come forward with the zipped log file selected.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your zipped PM log file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Alan

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 09:05:22 AM »
Hi Kirk,

I have uninstalled and reinstalled PM. I downloaded the latest version before reinstalling again. I got the same error message when I uninstalled and reinstalled. It appears to com at the end of the process. I tried ingesting after the reinstall and it did work this time. I'm not sure just what to think of this, but PM appears to be working now as expected.

Log file is attached.

Cheers,
Alan

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 12:54:19 PM »
Alan,

I have uninstalled and reinstalled PM. I downloaded the latest version before reinstalling again. I got the same error message when I uninstalled and reinstalled. It appears to com at the end of the process. I tried ingesting after the reinstall and it did work this time. I'm not sure just what to think of this, but PM appears to be working now as expected.

Log file is attached.

Thanks for the log file.  I don't see any Ingest errors (only some notes about drives that are being ignored) in your log.

If you have additional install problems, I suggest running the installer as Admin and that usually allows the installer to complete without errors.

-Kirk