Author Topic: Structured catalog for Category, IPTC Scene, Subject Code, Intellectual Genre  (Read 3882 times)

Offline Michael

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hello!

I would like to ask a further improvement of Photo Mechanic. We are missing a feature that the program has "Breeze Browser" as example.
Although technically Obsolete, many editorships will still use the category code, incl. supplemental (3 chars max). At this point, you can memorize the most important that you need every day.  For the less common, must always carry around a piece of paper.

For IPTC Intellectual Genre, Scene code and subject code, it is actually practically hardly feasible without a catalog translated for you in human readable, in both directions.

I think that such a function is really essential. Please can you make such a function with a high priority? Thank you in advance.

--Michael--

Offline Michael

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Now a long time has passed, so I would like to ask if there are meanwhile intentions for this function?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Michael,

While I understand your need, adding further support for legacy IPTC fields is just not something we are likely to do.  Rather than a custom editor, I think having a simple system for treating some characters as description (not to be applied when chosen from the menu) should suffice.

For instance:

000123[description]

when chosen from the menu would enter only the digits.  Would that suffice?  I'm really not interested in making a complicated editor at this time.

-Kirk