Author Topic: Larger contact sheet images or live previews  (Read 3377 times)

Offline Eric

• View Profile
Larger contact sheet images or live previews
« on: March 10, 2018, 05:55:09 PM »
Ok so here is the 'official' feature request for PM6 or even PM5 if you are still adding features to PM5...

1. Would it be possible to make the slider that controls the size of the images on the contact sheet slide to the point that only ONE image fills the screen (4k screen) so that in live ingest the last image ingested is displayed full size on the screen? Otherwise it would be great if the preview window was also 'live' and linked to live ingest so that the last image ingested would be available full screen.

2. A stationary pad that can stay open in separate window so that it can be edited 'on the fly'.

I'm going to hold my breath and hope that the rest of my wish list is so obvious that it is already part of PM6 when it drops.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Larger contact sheet images or live previews
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 06:57:13 PM »
Eric,

Ok so here is the 'official' feature request for PM6 or even PM5 if you are still adding features to PM5...

1. Would it be possible to make the slider that controls the size of the images on the contact sheet slide to the point that only ONE image fills the screen (4k screen) so that in live ingest the last image ingested is displayed full size on the screen? Otherwise it would be great if the preview window was also 'live' and linked to live ingest so that the last image ingested would be available full screen.

It sounds like what you're really wanting is a tethering solution?  We won't be adding a 'huge thumbnail option'.

2. A stationary pad that can stay open in separate window so that it can be edited 'on the fly'.

The IPTC Stationery Pad is already in its own window.  I take it you want it to be modeless?

I'm going to hold my breath and hope that the rest of my wish list is so obvious that it is already part of PM6 when it drops.

Not sure how well that will work out. ;)  We're not mind-readers after all.

-Kirk

Offline Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 09:10:06 AM »
1. If not by definition then at least in practice LIVE INGEST is shooting tethered, no? So I guess in reality all we are really talking about is making the thumbnail much bigger.

2. Yes... modeless (didn't know that was a word).

3. You have done a pretty decent job of reading out minds to this point...   ;)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 10:26:08 AM »
1. If not by definition then at least in practice LIVE INGEST is shooting tethered, no? So I guess in reality all we are really talking about is making the thumbnail much bigger.

It was designed with wireless FTP shooting in mind.  Multiple cameras all using a wireless FTP module to upload images into a folder, Live Ingest watching that folder and ingesting images as they arrive.  The fact that you're using it for tethered shooting illustrates its flexibility, but Live Ingest doesn't tell the rest of PM much when images are ingested other than "refresh the contact sheet if it is still opened."

But I understand what you're looking for and I'll keep it in mind.

Thanks,

-Kirk