Author Topic: Shutter count variable  (Read 25237 times)

Offline Bob

• View Profile
Re: Shutter count variable
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2007, 05:46:13 PM »
Kirk... That's my understanding IF you have not had a shutter replaced.
That said, I asked several Canon staff and got some slightly confusing answers, so I'm not gonna bet on it :)
Only thing I know for sure is that copying changes the PM displayed count, and that the bench one CAN be different.

-bob deutsch

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2007, 03:35:36 AM »
I had my hands on a Canon 1D markII with about 30 thousand actuations (by the owner's word). PM {act} variable said it has more than 200 thousand actuations (but this seems impossible ragarding the brand new appearance of the gear. Canon Service couldn't confirm any of the two greatly different numbers because their computer was broken down at the time and I had the camera for only 1 day.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline Capn Kirk

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2010, 09:39:05 AM »
Capn Kirk to Kirk: Does the PM Act work with the Canon EOS 20D? I added actuations to my Set Info Text and just shot a RAW and JPEG image. When I pulled them up in PM it showed nothing after Actuations. Thx!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2010, 09:44:02 AM »
Capn Kirk to Kirk: Does the PM Act work with the Canon EOS 20D? I added actuations to my Set Info Text and just shot a RAW and JPEG image. When I pulled them up in PM it showed nothing after Actuations. Thx!

The 20D does not have an actuation count in its Canon maker note.  Only the higher end cameras had this data (1D, 1Ds, 5D), and the newest models do not have that data either.

-Kirk

Offline Capn Kirk

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2010, 06:53:46 AM »
Thx, Kirk (P.S. Great name!!)