Author Topic: Live Ingest settings with Nikon D4s  (Read 4558 times)

Offline JonHob

• View Profile
Live Ingest settings with Nikon D4s
« on: March 30, 2018, 08:15:21 AM »
I just tried using Live Ingest to see if it makes sense at a football match but, for some reason, the images didn't appear (I was at home so it didn't matter). I'm sure it's either because of the USB 2.0 lead or my settings.

Does anyone use Auto Ingest at a footy match? Does it make sense or, is USB 2.0 too slow for sports? I tried ages ago to get the Ethernet working but I'm just cannot get my head around it.

Thanks

Offline Eric

• View Profile
Re: Live Ingest settings with Nikon D4s
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 11:37:03 AM »
I do live ingest at NHL and very very rarely for soccer.  Wifi with the D4s is the way to go. Even then you are not sending ALL photos but rather those that you select. If you are trying to send all the photos while working you will create a bottleneck that (in my experience) neither the camera nor the computer will be able to handle.  Look at the TP Link MR3040. I use 2 for my 2 bodies. They are a breeze to setup on the D4s and D5. I have moved photos to my wire and had them picked up and published on independent sport sites before the player had been put in the ambulance.

Offline lucianobisbal

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Live Ingest settings with Nikon D4s
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 08:58:42 AM »
I do live ingest at NHL and very very rarely for soccer.  Wifi with the D4s is the way to go. Even then you are not sending ALL photos but rather those that you select. If you are trying to send all the photos while working you will create a bottleneck that (in my experience) neither the camera nor the computer will be able to handle.  Look at the TP Link MR3040. I use 2 for my 2 bodies. They are a breeze to setup on the D4s and D5. I have moved photos to my wire and had them picked up and published on independent sport sites before the player had been put in the ambulance.

not to open up another discussion I ask right here, what is the fastest way to do this process.
I have a nikon d4s but the wifi devices in this camera are not very good.
How does this process work with the USB cable from the camera to the Pm5 (it's the version I have now, I guess I'll upgrade in the next few days to PM6).
I appreciate the answer