Author Topic: New License Question  (Read 2245 times)

Offline dbvirago

• View Profile
New License Question
« on: April 09, 2018, 07:48:48 AM »
I've been using the trial and was about to buy a license when I got the email about the sale starting today, so I just bought a license.

At some point in the process, I saw something about free updates and I thought an expiration date sometime this year.
Edit: Just found the date. If I click on Software Updates in the software, it says I am eligible through 11/2018.

First, I didn't know about the update license issue until then. Where on the site can I find more info and pricing about that?

Also, is there someplace I can confirm the expiration date of my free updates?

Thanks
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 07:51:07 AM by dbvirago »

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
Re: New License Question
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 08:40:56 AM »
Hi there,

When you purchase a license of Photo Mechanic, you're entitled to free upgrades to any new major version that comes out within a year of your purchase date.  Of course you also have access to all the build updates along the way as well.  As of now, if you go past the one year the license upgrade price is $90.

You can install Photo Mechanic on up to three computers as long as you're the sole user. 

You can log into https://store.camerabits.com/account to see the purchase date for any licenses you may have. It will also list how many activations you have active.

I hope this helps,

Mick
Mick O
Camera Bits

Offline dbvirago

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 12:31:44 PM »
Thanks, I couldn't find anywhere with the price for the upgrade.

Is there a downside to waiting to upgrade? In other words, if a new release comes out and doesn't have features I want to pay for, can I wait another year or two and then upgrade or is there a time limit?

Also, why does my software update pop-up say, "Your Photo Mechanic License is eligible for free software updates through 11/2018" when I just bought it today?

Thanks again,

Darryl

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 04:13:32 PM »
Hi Darryl,

The pricing for new and upgrade licenses is always subject to change, so I can't say for sure what it will be more than year down the line after the free upgrades period is over. 

As for why Photo Mechanic is saying upgrades through that date, you may want to contact sales@camerabits.com or call 503-547-2800 and they can comment on your specific account details.

Thanks for giving PM a try -- I hope it helps you work faster :)

-Mick

Mick O
Camera Bits