Author Topic: What about Facebook uploader?  (Read 3736 times)

Offline starsphinx

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
What about Facebook uploader?
« on: April 08, 2018, 11:50:25 AM »
I am trying to find an easy way to upload multiple photos to Facebook but not having any luck.  I quite often shoot large numbers of pictures in a single lot, and want various ones of them to go to various places, and often not the same ones to all places.  I can manage everything easily except Facebook.  I am in a couple of private photography groups on Facebook and often want to put up several images that I do not want elsewhere.   At the moment the only way I can work out how to do it reasonably fast is mark the photos in photo mechanic and then save them into a separate folder just for Facebook so I can use Facebooks own uploader - but this is messy and wastes space.  Ideally, there would be an uploader so instead of having to create a separate folder I could just select the pictures and hit upload like I do with Flickr etc.  If there is some other simple way I cannot find it searching on both this forum and the net in general.

Is there likely to be a Facebook uploader or is there some simple way I have missed?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: What about Facebook uploader?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 11:07:24 AM »
I am trying to find an easy way to upload multiple photos to Facebook but not having any luck.  I quite often shoot large numbers of pictures in a single lot, and want various ones of them to go to various places, and often not the same ones to all places.  I can manage everything easily except Facebook.  I am in a couple of private photography groups on Facebook and often want to put up several images that I do not want elsewhere.   At the moment the only way I can work out how to do it reasonably fast is mark the photos in photo mechanic and then save them into a separate folder just for Facebook so I can use Facebooks own uploader - but this is messy and wastes space.  Ideally, there would be an uploader so instead of having to create a separate folder I could just select the pictures and hit upload like I do with Flickr etc.  If there is some other simple way I cannot find it searching on both this forum and the net in general.

Is there likely to be a Facebook uploader or is there some simple way I have missed?

There will be a Facebook uploader template in PM6, which is currently in development.

-Kirk

Offline starsphinx

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 12:22:20 PM »
Thank you.  Dare I ask for a time estimate lol?

Offline Kevin M. Cox

• PM 6 (6890) | macOS 14.3
    • View Profile
    • Kevin M. Cox | Photojournalist
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 06:33:47 PM »
Thank you.  Dare I ask for a time estimate lol?

A timeline hasn't been announced yet, but they have said it'll be ready before macOS 10.14 (which requires 64 bit apps) ships. The past five major releases of Apple's OS X / macOS have been in either September or October so my guess is that we'll see PM 6 by early September.
Kevin M. Cox | Photojournalist
https://www.instagram.com/kevin.m.cox/