Author Topic: 4.5 beta in Windows XP 64bits  (Read 8082 times)

jose

4.5 beta in Windows XP 64bits
« on: March 26, 2007, 11:00:07 AM »
AMD Opteron DualCore, Supermicro H8DCE, 4 GB RAM, Windows XP 64bits Edition.

Hello Kirk,

first, thanks for this release. For my work, the Unicode (and the codepage Latin 1 availability) was essential!

I have observed that whenever I close PM,  a process "Photo Mechanic.exe" is executing itself. I must finalize it in the TaskManager to re-open PM again. The only occasion that is not left this one process executing itself is when I open and I close PM without making nothing with it.

Thanks,
jose

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: 4.5 beta in Windows XP 64bits
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 11:06:55 AM »
Jose,

AMD Opteron DualCore, Supermicro H8DCE, 4 GB RAM, Windows XP 64bits Edition.

Hello Kirk,

first, thanks for this release. For my work, the Unicode (and the codepage Latin 1 availability) was essential!

I have observed that whenever I close PM,  a process "Photo Mechanic.exe" is executing itself. I must finalize it in the TaskManager to re-open PM again. The only occasion that is not left this one process executing itself is when I open and I close PM without making nothing with it.

Photo Mechanic has not been designed for nor tested on any 64-bit operating systems.  I do not have such a system to test it on so finding out what is going wrong would be very difficult.

Maybe after we ship version 4.5 I can put in some logging that will list the shutdown process and we can see where the log stops which will help pinpoint the problem.

-Kirk

jose

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 11:10:43 AM »
The problem only takes place when the explorer finds a * PSD file. Then, when leaving PM, the process remains in execution.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 11:39:19 AM »
The problem only takes place when the explorer finds a * PSD file. Then, when leaving PM, the process remains in execution.

Interesting.  Well that implicates QuickTime since we use it to render PSD files.  I wonder if there is an update to QuickTime that you could apply?

-Kirk

jose

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 03:22:49 AM »

OK! All works!!

I changed my old version Quicktime 6.x with the last  "QuickTime Alternative" http://codecguide.com/about_qt.htm  (The Apple QuickTime may have a littles problems with x64) and the process "Photo Mechanic.exe" is well closed when i quit PM.

It seems that PM does not have problems in Windows XP 64bits, only the inherent to a beta version, common problems to those of Windows XP.

Thanks,
jose.