Author Topic: Uploading to smugmug issues again  (Read 3977 times)

Offline picturebike

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Uploading to smugmug issues again
« on: April 22, 2018, 11:59:32 PM »
Anyone have any idea why i keep getting these error messages, uploading keeps stalling after every few images then restarts. This is making uploading very slow

Thanks

Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 07.52.33 by Harry Picturebike Lessman, on Flickr

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Uploading to smugmug issues again
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 08:08:03 AM »
Anyone have any idea why i keep getting these error messages, uploading keeps stalling after every few images then restarts. This is making uploading very slow

Thanks

Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 07.52.33 by Harry Picturebike Lessman, on Flickr

I'd like to see your Photo Mechanic log.  In Photo Mechanic go to the Help menu and choose "Reveal Support Data..." and moments later a Finder window will come forward with the zipped log file selected.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your zipped PM log file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline picturebike

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 01:42:46 PM »
tried to get the log for you but every time i click on reveal support data it makes PH crash

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 02:07:44 PM »
tried to get the log for you but every time i click on reveal support data it makes PH crash

OK, you can still get the log to me.  It's just less convenient.  In the Finder, from the "Go" menu choose "Go to Folder..." and enter:

~/Library/Caches/Photo Mechanic

The Finder will now show you a folder containing some folders and files.  PM.log is among them.  Select PM.log and right-click (ctrl-click if you have a one button mouse) and choose 'Compress "PM.log"' from the contextual menu. Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your zipped PM log file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline picturebike

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2018, 06:27:35 AM »
I have the zip file but wont let me upload it, just shows as uploading which takes about 10 mins then nothing.  ive taken a few screenshots, most of it seems to be the same

Offline picturebike

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 06:28:15 AM »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2018, 09:06:04 AM »
Well that's odd that you can't upload a zip file, hundreds of others have done so successfully on these forums.  But anyway, I can see that your DNS isn't working.  It says that your DNS server address is 0.0.0.0 which is an invalid IP address.  Check your internet settings.  If your ISP provides one then perhaps it was a temporary malfunction.  You can enter a DNS server in your Networking settings instead of using the ISP provided one.  8.8.8.8 is Google's DNS and is publicly available.

HTH,

-Kirk