Author Topic: Apply IPTC to selected in Review changes?  (Read 7546 times)

Offline langier

• Newcomer
  • Larry Angier ©Carolyn Fox
    • View Profile
    • Image West Photography-Larry Angier & Carolyn Fox
Apply IPTC to selected in Review changes?
« on: May 10, 2006, 06:26:59 PM »
Hi Kirk,

Thanks for all the hard work you do. PM is great!

I'm having a problem coming over from 4.3.8 to 4.4.3.

When I am Preview in 4.3.8, I could enter the IPTC data by simply pressing "I" then apply the the data to all the selected images by simply toggling the "copy to stationery" with the option key to "apply to selected". It was fast and quite a time saver.

When I try the same thing with 4.4.3, the feature doesn't seem to exist. I can "apply stationery pad" hoping the info is correct or I can type the info, "copy to stationery" then quit preview and apply the data, which is several more steps. No problem in applying the IPTC data to a group of pix if I don't preview, though.

Am I missing something or has this been changed? I'm running under 10.4.3 could be something related to the MacOS?

TIA,

Larry Angier
--
Larry Angier
Image West Photography
www.angier-fox.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Apply IPTC to selected in Review changes?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 06:42:37 PM »
When I am Preview in 4.3.8, I could enter the IPTC data by simply pressing "I" then apply the the data to all the selected images by simply toggling the "copy to stationery" with the option key to "apply to selected". It was fast and quite a time saver.

When I try the same thing with 4.4.3, the feature doesn't seem to exist. I can "apply stationery pad" hoping the info is correct or I can type the info, "copy to stationery" then quit preview and apply the data, which is several more steps. No problem in applying the IPTC data to a group of pix if I don't preview, though.

Am I missing something or has this been changed?

It has been changed.  Hold down the Option and Control keys and the button will change to "Apply to Selected" which will make all selected photos' IPTC captions look like the current one.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline langier

• Newcomer
  • Larry Angier ©Carolyn Fox
    • View Profile
    • Image West Photography-Larry Angier & Carolyn Fox
Re: Apply IPTC to selected in Review changes?
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 07:57:28 PM »
Thanks so much! I can now work at "lightning speed" again!

Larry Angier :D
Image West Photography
www.angier-fox.com
--
Larry Angier
Image West Photography
www.angier-fox.com