Author Topic: Fuji X Camera Parameters - in Variables  (Read 6319 times)

Offline djjcarroll

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Fuji X Camera Parameters - in Variables
« on: March 23, 2015, 07:42:37 AM »
Does anyone know if the Fuji X parameters such as Dynamic Range (DR), Film Simulations, etc. are captured by Photo Mechanic?  I did go through the Variable list and could not find any.  However, I did see that Nikon Picture Controls were in my list this thought perhaps Fuji X's film simulations would be there as well.
DJJC

Offline dennis

• President
  • Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Fuji X Camera Parameters - in Variables
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 10:49:51 AM »
No sorry we don't parse and store the Fuji X parameters you mentioned.

--dennis

Offline rjp

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 03:40:35 PM »
Is there any plan to add the Fuji X params in the future? I would love to be able to see the film simulation modes as well.

Is there an work around that would allow us to read this data directly even if a PM variable is not defined yet?

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 04:19:38 PM »
As a workaround you could use ExifTool to copy the "Film simulation" to the Keywords field. This is a little advanced since it requires a command line tool, but once you know ExifTool it's pretty quick.

If you had ExifTool installed, you could do something like this in a folder of files and it would put the Film simulation mode in the keywords that would be readable by Photo Mechanic

exiftool "-Subject<FilmMode" *.JPG

If you're NOT familiar with ExifTool, be very careful using it. It can overwrite metadata if you make mistakes. For example, the way it's written above assumes you don't have any existing keywords (e.g. an early workflow step) and it would wipe out any keywords you already had.  EXIF tool is very powerful though and if you learn it, it can help you solve a lot of metadata problems.

-Mick

Mick O
Camera Bits

Offline djjcarroll

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2018, 06:15:29 AM »
Sunday, May 06, 2018, 10:12 AM

I believe I had asked this same question a few years ago as well.  I would love to have the Fuji X Film Simulation data captured by Photo Mechanic.

Is this something that the folks at Photo Mechanic cannot capture?

Re a workaround, I would love to know if anyone has one and if so would they offer suggestions as to how to incorporate it into one's Photo Mechanic workflow.

DJJC

Offline platti

• View Profile
    • my gallery on zenfolio
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2018, 02:53:30 AM »
Re a workaround, I would love to know if anyone has one and if so would they offer suggestions as to how to incorporate it into one's Photo Mechanic workflow.

Hi
I'm using Fuji since several years now but never ahd the need to get the filmsimulation-parameter shown ...
greets from a hill
my gallery on zenfolio