Author Topic: Change dimensions when FTP upload  (Read 3965 times)

Offline LarsSmook

• View Profile
Change dimensions when FTP upload
« on: July 10, 2018, 01:46:18 AM »
Hi Guys,

Not sure if this is possible already or that this must be a future request. I have two import customers that receive my images on daily base with a FTP upload. One customer wants the images as big as possible so I use the camera dimensions, while the other wants the images with the dimensions 30cm x 20cm 300ppi. Is their a way to set for one FTP connection a fixed size (longest side 30cm) and for another FTP connection a option to leave the dimensions original!? I saw that you can use 'to fit box: 3543 pixels' but when I check this option it's active for both FTP connections.

Cheers,
Lars

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Change dimensions when FTP upload
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 08:03:49 AM »
Lars,

Not sure if this is possible already or that this must be a future request. I have two import customers that receive my images on daily base with a FTP upload. One customer wants the images as big as possible so I use the camera dimensions, while the other wants the images with the dimensions 30cm x 20cm 300ppi. Is their a way to set for one FTP connection a fixed size (longest side 30cm) and for another FTP connection a option to leave the dimensions original!? I saw that you can use 'to fit box: 3543 pixels' but when I check this option it's active for both FTP connections.

Use the snapshot button (lightning bolt) to make two sets of settings, one for each customer (named appropriately).  Use the snapshot to load the customer-tailored settings.

-Kirk

Offline LarsSmook

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 01:34:20 PM »
Hi Kirk,

Thanks for your response. This is kinda the same as checking or unchecking the 'to fit in box:' section. Like most photographers (photojournalists) I use Photo Mechanic cause of the speed. So I might forget to check which preset is selected and when it's uploaded it's too late. I cannot request to delete my photos because of the wrong size. Also another problem, sometimes which big events like soccer finals etc. I work for both customers at the same time. So the only difference that I select another connection. So this might be a great feature for the future. I would also be great to give dimensions in CM's instead of pixels or inches.

Cheers,
Lars

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 02:18:48 PM »
I would also be great to give dimensions in CM's instead of pixels or inches.

You can change your units in the Preferences to be metric.

http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php/User_Manual_Flat_View#Files_Preferences

Resolution Units: Choose between pixels per centimeter or pixels per inch. PPI is the default.

HTH,

-Kirk