Photo Mechanic > General Discussion

Delineating film from slides

(1/2) > >>

Frank:
This is, for some kind soul, an easy question but I just cant figure out the answer.  :-[

I have decided I need to try and seperate my digital files from my E6 film files. The E6 film is easier as they are physically stored and I go to a set of drawers. However, I want to use PM5 to sort them out so that I can easliy pull up fil or digital.

Can anyone give me some ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Kirk Baker:
Frank,

--- Quote from: Frank on May 25, 2018, 11:36:58 AM ---This is, for some kind soul, an easy question but I just cant figure out the answer.  :-[

I have decided I need to try and seperate my digital files from my E6 film files. The E6 film is easier as they are physically stored and I go to a set of drawers. However, I want to use PM5 to sort them out so that I can easliy pull up fil or digital.

Can anyone give me some ideas?

--- End quote ---

Do you have digital scans of the E6 film such that they are in some format like JPEG or TIFF?  If so, you should be able to sort them by making a Custom Sort using one or more of the various {variables} that PM offers.  If you post a sample file here, I could look at the metadata and see if there is some characteristic that would help you keep them separate from your digital camera images.

-Kirk

Frank:
Yes, I scan E6 Slide film on a flatbed and usually save as a TIF file which I annotate in PM5.

Kirk Baker:
Thanks for the sample, Frank.

I think you could use the {firmware} variable in a Custom Sort (you can create your own sort from the Sort popup in the toolbar).  Use {firmware} as the primary sort criteria and {filename} as the secondary criteria.

http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php/User_Manual_Flat_View#Sorting

HTH,

-Kirk

Frank:
Hi Kirk

Tried your suggestion but it does not work very well. Is there any way to edit the variable "firmware" directly?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version