Author Topic: Importing to Lightroom from a PC  (Read 205 times)

Offline rogerspix

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Importing to Lightroom from a PC
« on: June 04, 2018, 02:08:38 pm »
Hi. I just switched to PC from Mac. On my Mac, I could always just select my images in PM, then drag and drop into Lightroom. On the PC, when I try to grab the images, I get a "no-can-do" symbol. There's no way to drag them in.

I watched the youtube video from 2016, but long-clicking on my selected photos doesn't allow me to grab them. I also have Lightroom selected as my preferred edit program, but right-clicking the selected images only imports the image my cursor is on...not all of them.

I'm on a brand-new Dell XPS 15 running Lightroom Classic CC and Photo Mechanic 5. Hope you can show me the way to get this done...I have a deadline! Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Importing to Lightroom from a PC
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 03:21:18 pm »
Hi. I just switched to PC from Mac. On my Mac, I could always just select my images in PM, then drag and drop into Lightroom. On the PC, when I try to grab the images, I get a "no-can-do" symbol. There's no way to drag them in.

I watched the youtube video from 2016, but long-clicking on my selected photos doesn't allow me to grab them.

After holding down the mouse button (the long press) did you keep the button held down and then make a dragging motion out of the contact sheet?

I also have Lightroom selected as my preferred edit program, but right-clicking the selected images only imports the image my cursor is on...not all of them.

This is a known-issue with Lr on the Windows platform.  (It was described in the video.)

-Kirk

Offline LSPhelpmePM

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 12:33:46 pm »
I have the same problem - is there any workaround when long-click and drag isn't possible? Joined this forum to get help on it. Windows 7, Lightroom Classic CC, downloaded the trial of PM two days ago.

If I can't transfer the images to lightroom after rating them in PM, then PM is useless to me.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 02:04:19 pm »
I have the same problem - is there any workaround when long-click and drag isn't possible?

Do you have some software installed that prevents drag and drop from working?  Are you able to drag and drop in other applications?

-Kirk