Author Topic: TIFF file saved from Capture NX corrupts PM  (Read 5293 times)

Offline Juerg

• View Profile
TIFF file saved from Capture NX corrupts PM
« on: March 24, 2007, 09:40:11 AM »
I just noticed that if I open a NEF file in NX and safe it as a TIFF file, PM will show it alright in the browser. But as soon as I try to color tag the new TIFF file in PM, it corrups the PM browser for the folder in which the picture is located and shuts down PM.

Closing PM and restarting it and then opening the browser folder in which this new TIFF file is located results again in shutting down PM.

To correct this, I have to open the TIFF file generated in NX with Adobe Elements of CS2 (or any other program) and resave it with 'save as', overwriting the original NX TIFF file. After that is done, I can color tag it in PM and no corruption occures.

Is there anything special in a TIFF file saved from NX that is not copatible with PM?

Regards,
Archer

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: TIFF file saved from Capture NX corrupts PM
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 09:51:57 AM »
Archer,

I just noticed that if I open a NEF file in NX and safe it as a TIFF file, PM will show it alright in the browser. But as soon as I try to color tag the new TIFF file in PM, it corrups the PM browser for the folder in which the picture is located and shuts down PM.

Closing PM and restarting it and then opening the browser folder in which this new TIFF file is located results again in shutting down PM.

To correct this, I have to open the TIFF file generated in NX with Adobe Elements of CS2 (or any other program) and resave it with 'save as', overwriting the original NX TIFF file. After that is done, I can color tag it in PM and no corruption occures.

Is there anything special in a TIFF file saved from NX that is not copatible with PM?

There must be!

Can you upload a sample to our server?  Contact me privately for server upload information.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Juerg

• View Profile
Re: TIFF file saved from Capture NX corrupts PM
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 10:44:07 AM »
Kirk,

Within a couple hours after posting my original message I upgraded to the 4.5Beta version. Since then I didn't have the problem anymore. Seems there was something in 4.4.3.3 that didn't like a TIFF file generated by NX, that now is gone. Should I encounter the problem again I will let you know.

Archer