Author Topic: Change of address/contact information in snapshots  (Read 3522 times)

Offline baxterbradford

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Change of address/contact information in snapshots
« on: June 13, 2018, 02:27:08 AM »
I recently moved house to another area. I have over 80 snapshots to help minimise time spent keywording and captioning. I have looked and tried unsuccessfully to devise a way to change the contact address, contact city, zip & phones fields.
What is the best way for to make these changes on every snapshot & then save the amended version (with same name) please?
Although I use PM for every upload to cull images, I do my keyword work on an occasional basis, so am not a 'power user' by any means!

Many thanks
Baxter

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Change of address/contact information in snapshots
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 09:14:18 AM »
Baxter,

I recently moved house to another area. I have over 80 snapshots to help minimise time spent keywording and captioning. I have looked and tried unsuccessfully to devise a way to change the contact address, contact city, zip & phones fields.
What is the best way for to make these changes on every snapshot & then save the amended version (with same name) please?
Although I use PM for every upload to cull images, I do my keyword work on an occasional basis, so am not a 'power user' by any means!

The snapshots are text files (in XML format) which you can open up in any text editor, do a find & replace, and then save.

You can locate the snapshots by clicking on the snapshot button, then holding down the 'modifier key' (Shift on Windows, Option on macOS) and choosing one of the snapshots.  A window will come forward showing you the snapshots.  You can then open them up in a text editor and edit them (as described above.)

Otherwise, you can load them one by one, edit them in the dialog, and save over them from within Photo Mechanic.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline baxterbradford

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Change of address/contact information in snapshots
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 09:36:00 AM »
Thanks Kirk, that's so helpful. I will do exactly that. I've had to do a submission of 20 pictures and altered each field in each one manually, as you might imagine, it was dreadfully slow!