Author Topic: New/Uptaded Beta Version  (Read 6478 times)

Offline Juerg

• View Profile
New/Uptaded Beta Version
« on: March 27, 2007, 10:55:17 AM »
I just noticed you placed a new beta version up for download.

It would be nice if you could give a short indication in your post what is changed/corrected since the last version (well, at least major things, not every little bite that's changed). It may help people that had reported problems and were corrected with the new update to test it more efficient and probably give you a better/faster feedback.

Thanks
Archer

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: New/Uptaded Beta Version
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 10:58:36 AM »
Archer,

I just noticed you placed a new beta version up for download.

It would be nice if you could give a short indication in your post what is changed/corrected since the last version (well, at least major things, not every little bite that's changed). It may help people that had reported problems and were corrected with the new update to test it more efficient and probably give you a better/faster feedback.

Nothing was listed since all of the changes were indeed minor and were really just bug fixes.

-Kirk

Offline charlesteton

• View Profile
    • www.charlesteton.com
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 02:20:12 AM »
Hi Kirk,

Just noticed that latest PM 4.5 beta II seems to be using 8 to 10% of the CPU when in the background with no contact sheets open and unused. Is this normal?

Great upgrade by the way...

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 06:50:24 AM »
Just noticed that latest PM 4.5 beta II seems to be using 8 to 10% of the CPU when in the background with no contact sheets open and unused. Is this normal?

Are you certain that PM is doing absolutely nothing (for instance: all thumbnails have been rendered)?

-Kirk

Offline charlesteton

• View Profile
    • www.charlesteton.com
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 10:29:26 AM »
Yes, all windows shut... Was sitting in background all night. Went to quit a daemon in Activity Monitor and noticed it using 8-10%. Then quit and opened it again, again with not windows open and its still doing the same. Now seems to be using between 5-6 % keeps on going up and down. I don't know if the below helps, its from Open Files and Ports associated with PM.

/
/Applications/My Apps/Digital Photgraphy/Photo Mechanic 4.5/Photo Mechanic.app/Contents/MacOS/Photo Mechanic
/Applications/My Apps/Digital Photgraphy/Photo Mechanic 4.5/Photo Mechanic.app/Contents/Frameworks/libSDL.dylib
/System/Library/CoreServices/CharacterSets/CFUnicodeData-B.mapping
/System/Library/CoreServices/CharacterSets/CFCharacterSetBitmaps.bitmap
/System/Library/CoreServices/CharacterSets/CFUniCharPropertyDatabase.data
/Users/teton/Library/InputManagers/Menu Extra Enabler/Menu Extra Enabler.bundle/Contents/MacOS/Menu Extra Enabler
/Users/teton/Library/InputManagers/Smart Crash Reports/Smart Crash Reports.bundle/Contents/MacOS/Smart Crash Reports
/Applications/My Apps/Digital Photgraphy/Photo Mechanic 4.5/Photo Mechanic.app/Contents/Frameworks/libruby.1.8.4.dylib
/Library/Caches/com.apple.IntlDataCache.sbdl.502
/usr/share/icu/icudt32b.dat
/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Extras.rsrc
/System/Library/Fonts/LucidaGrande.dfont
/System/Library/Extensions/IOSCSIArchitectureModelFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/SCSITaskUserClient.kext/Contents/PlugIns/SCSITaskLib.plugin/Contents/MacOS/SCSITaskLib
/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/Resources/HIToolbox.rsrc
/System/Library/Frameworks/QuickTime.framework/Versions/A/Resources/QuickTime.rsrc
/System/Library/Frameworks/QuickTime.framework/Versions/A/Resources/English.lproj/Localized.rsrc
/Library/Caches/com.apple.LaunchServices-014502.csstore
/System/Library/Fonts/Helvetica.dfont
/System/Library/Extensions/IOAudioFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AOAHALPlugin.bundle/Contents/MacOS/AOAHALPlugin
/Library/Caches/com.apple.IntlDataCache.kbdx.502
/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/Resources/English.lproj/Localized.rsrc
/Library/QuickTime/LiveType.component/Contents/MacOS/LiveType
/Library/QuickTime/DivX Decoder.component/Contents/MacOS/DivX Decoder
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/DVCPROHDAudio.plugin/Contents/MacOS/DVCPROHDAudio
/Library/QuickTime/DVCPROHDMuxer.component/Contents/MacOS/DVCPROHDMuxer
/Applications/My Apps/Digital Photgraphy/Photo Mechanic 4.5/Photo Mechanic.app/Contents/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/powerpc-darwin8.3.0/fcntl.bundle
/Applications/My Apps/Digital Photgraphy/Photo Mechanic 4.5/Photo Mechanic.app/Contents/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/powerpc-darwin8.3.0/digest/md5.bundle
/Applications/My Apps/Digital Photgraphy/Photo Mechanic 4.5/Photo Mechanic.app/Contents/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/powerpc-darwin8.3.0/etc.bundle
/Library/Caches/com.apple.ATS/502/annex_aux
/Applications/My Apps/Digital Photgraphy/Photo Mechanic 4.5/Photo Mechanic.app/Contents/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/powerpc-darwin8.3.0/stringio.bundle
/Applications/My Apps/Digital Photgraphy/Photo Mechanic 4.5/Photo Mechanic.app/Contents/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/powerpc-darwin8.3.0/syck.bundle
/Applications/My Apps/Digital Photgraphy/Photo Mechanic 4.5/Photo Mechanic.app/Contents/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/powerpc-darwin8.3.0/digest.bundle
/Applications/My Apps/Digital Photgraphy/Photo Mechanic 4.5/Photo Mechanic.app/Contents/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/powerpc-darwin8.3.0/socket.bundle
/Applications/My Apps/Digital Photgraphy/Photo Mechanic 4.5/Photo Mechanic.app/Contents/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/powerpc-darwin8.3.0/openssl.bundle
/Users/teton/Library/Fonts/Arial/..namedfork/rsrc
/System/Library/Components/CoreAudio.component/Contents/MacOS/CoreAudio
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/LiveType.framework/Versions/A/LiveType
/usr/lib/dyld
/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CoreText.framework/Versions/A/CoreText
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ATS.framework/Versions/A/ATS
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/CoreGraphics
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/CoreFoundation
/usr/lib/libicucore.A.dylib
/usr/lib/libobjc.A.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/A/IOKit
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Versions/A/CarbonCore
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/OSServices.framework/Versions/A/OSServices
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/SearchKit.framework/Versions/A/SearchKit
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/Metadata.framework/Versions/A/Metadata
/System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/Versions/A/Security
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreAudio.framework/Versions/A/CoreAudio
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ColorSync.framework/Versions/A/ColorSync
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/PrintCore.framework/Versions/A/PrintCore
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIServices.framework/Versions/A/HIServices
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/FindByContent.framework/Versions/A/FindByContent
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/A/LaunchServices
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/ImageIO
/usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.7.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libJP2.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libTIFF.dylib
/usr/lib/libxml2.2.dylib
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DesktopServicesPriv.framework/Versions/A/DesktopServicesPriv
/System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Versions/C/Foundation
/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageCapture.framework/Versions/A/ImageCapture
/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/Ink.framework/Versions/A/Ink
/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/OpenScripting.framework/Versions/A/OpenScripting
/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HTMLRendering.framework/Versions/A/HTMLRendering
/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/NavigationServices.framework/Versions/A/NavigationServices
/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/HIToolbox
/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Versions/C/AppKit
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreData.framework/Versions/A/CoreData
/System/Library/Frameworks/AudioToolbox.framework/Versions/A/AudioToolbox
/System/Library/Frameworks/QuartzCore.framework/Versions/A/QuartzCore
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreVideo.framework/Versions/A/CoreVideo
/System/Library/Frameworks/QuickTime.framework/Versions/A/QuickTime
/usr/lib/libstdc++.6.0.4.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/AddressBook.framework/Versions/A/AddressBook
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DSObjCWrappers.framework/Versions/A/DSObjCWrappers
/usr/lib/libssl.0.9.7.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/DiscRecording.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/DiscRecordingEngine.framework/Versions/A/DiscRecordingEngine
/System/Library/Frameworks/DiscRecording.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/DiscRecordingContent.framework/Versions/A/DiscRecordingContent
/System/Library/Frameworks/WebKit.framework/Versions/A/WebKit
/System/Library/Frameworks/WebKit.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/JavaScriptCore.framework/Versions/A/JavaScriptCore
/System/Library/Frameworks/WebKit.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/WebCore.framework/Versions/A/WebCore
/System/Library/Frameworks/DiscRecordingUI.framework/Versions/A/DiscRecordingUI
/System/Library/QuickTime/QuickTimeComponents.component/Contents/MacOS/QuickTimeComponents
/dev/null
/dev/console
/dev/console
obj=0x023a8178
obj=0x02468ba0
obj=0x023a8178
/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Extras.rsrc
/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/Resources/HIToolbox.rsrc
/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/Resources/English.lproj/Localized.rsrc
/System/Library/Frameworks/QuickTime.framework/Versions/A/Resources/QuickTime.rsrc
/System/Library/Frameworks/QuickTime.framework/Versions/A/Resources/English.lproj/Localized.rsrc
/dev/urandom

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 02:44:21 PM »
Yes, all windows shut... Was sitting in background all night. Went to quit a daemon in Activity Monitor and noticed it using 8-10%. Then quit and opened it again, again with not windows open and its still doing the same. Now seems to be using between 5-6 % keeps on going up and down. I don't know if the below helps, its from Open Files and Ports associated with PM.

Mine runs about 2% with a contact sheet open, but otherwise idle:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline charlesteton

• View Profile
    • www.charlesteton.com
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2007, 03:22:16 PM »
Mine still reads 5%, after a restart and nothing else running, but not a problem just wondered why it was up to 10% before. Anyway thank's for a great upgrade, look forwards to the final.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 03:24:43 PM by charlesteton »