Author Topic: Maximum Number of files in a Folder?  (Read 7137 times)

Offline danieljcox

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Maximum Number of files in a Folder?
« on: March 27, 2007, 11:38:47 AM »
I recently had an extensive shoot that put 2000+ images into a single folder. I've never had this many pictures in one folder and PM is running Super Slow when trying to delete form this folder. I thought it was my drive, then I blamed it on Apple new OS update. Finally more tests and it seems it might be the size of the folder. Anyone else seen problems with larger folders of images. All images are RAW D2XS files. Any thoughts?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Maximum Number of files in a Folder?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 12:37:16 PM »
I recently had an extensive shoot that put 2000+ images into a single folder. I've never had this many pictures in one folder and PM is running Super Slow when trying to delete form this folder. I thought it was my drive, then I blamed it on Apple new OS update. Finally more tests and it seems it might be the size of the folder. Anyone else seen problems with larger folders of images. All images are RAW D2XS files. Any thoughts?

What version of PM are you running, and what OS version are you running?

-Kirk

Offline danieljcox

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 04:43:30 PM »
Running a MacBook Pro dual core, PM 4.3.3 but have tried the newest Beta and same problem persists. Several folders on same drive open fine and delete quickly. Two folders, one with 2000 images takes up to 12 seconds for image to delete and move to the next image.

Offline danieljcox

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 04:45:45 PM »
Kirk,

Sorry I did not include OS. I had OSX 10.4.8 which included the problem I've described. I upgraded to OSX 10.4.9 and problem still persists.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 05:36:47 PM »
Kirk,

Sorry I did not include OS. I had OSX 10.4.8 which included the problem I've described. I upgraded to OSX 10.4.9 and problem still persists.

How about uploading some samples?  Contact me privately for server upload information.

-Kirk