Author Topic: Stationary Pads  (Read 7606 times)

Offline dcayers

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Stationary Pads
« on: April 05, 2018, 02:25:21 PM »
I use pads a lot to aid my keywording.  Some are specific workflow.  I shoot the WY Special Olympics and use pads for code replacement, event naming, etc.  I used to have a desktop shortcut to the pad folder.  This would allow me to move this once a year pads to a subfolder to unclutter the pad list and copy them back when needed.  All pad names start with SO so they do sort in order.  but the dropdown box of names is small and it takes a while to select the needed one.

I can no longer find the pad files to create a sub folder.

Where can I find them on a Win10machine?

Nikon Shooter

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Stationary Pads
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 03:56:34 PM »
I use pads a lot to aid my keywording.  Some are specific workflow.  I shoot the WY Special Olympics and use pads for code replacement, event naming, etc.  I used to have a desktop shortcut to the pad folder.  This would allow me to move this once a year pads to a subfolder to unclutter the pad list and copy them back when needed.  All pad names start with SO so they do sort in order.  but the dropdown box of names is small and it takes a while to select the needed one.

I can no longer find the pad files to create a sub folder.

Where can I find them on a Win10machine?

Hold down the Shift key (its what PM calls the 'modifier' key) while choosing one of the snapshots and a Windows Explorer window will appear with the snapshot folder displayed.

http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php/User_Manual_Flat_View#Snapshots

Snapshots can be managed by modifier-clicking on the named entry in the snapshot list. This brings up the Finder or Windows Explorer opened to the folder where the Snapshots are saved.

In the Finder or Windows Explorer, you can copy, rename and delete the snapshot files if you would like. When you return to Photo Mechanic, the snapshot menu will be updated.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline dcayers

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Stationary Pads
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 05:04:20 PM »
Great.  I had "too" much help this year and ended up with 6000 images.
Nikon Shooter