Author Topic: Import tag flag with stationary  (Read 7731 times)

Offline cfen31

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Import tag flag with stationary
« on: August 31, 2018, 08:18:17 AM »
Greetings,

I am having great success using code replacements with .txt files, but I can't seem to get a photo's tag status (tagged = 1, untagged =0) imported using IPTC Stationary. I tried doing this sort of thing (attached), but it does not update the photo's tag flag.

Anyone have a trick for this?

-Chris

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Import tag flag with stationary
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 02:31:35 PM »
I am having great success using code replacements with .txt files, but I can't seem to get a photo's tag status (tagged = 1, untagged =0) imported using IPTC Stationary. I tried doing this sort of thing (attached), but it does not update the photo's tag flag.

Do you really have two hundred forty-three replacements?  Can you post a sample image, your code replacement text file and your IPTC Stationery Pad here so I can try it out?  As long as the replacement is a zero or a one (0 or 1) then you should be able to set/clear a tag via evaluation on the IPTC Stationery Pad.

Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your files.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline cfen31

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 03:21:56 PM »
Kirk,

Thanks for the reply. In pulling together the test files I discovered my issue. I had the tag column twice in my export and had edited the instance in another column instead of column 243, which is what I was using in Stationary Pad. Once I set Stationary Pad to the same column I edited (from 1 to 0), it worked as expected.

And yes, I do have 200+ columns. I built a workflow for one person to export all metadata and another person to import all metadata and declare which fields they want to import with Stationary Pad. I'm sure I'm missing some fields, but here's my export text template:

{filename}{tab}{filenamebase}{tab}{byline}{tab}{caption}{tab}{captionwriter}{tab}{category}{tab}{city}{tab}{citytaken}{tab}{contactaddress}{tab}{contactcity}{tab}{contactstate}{tab}{contactzip}{tab}{contactcountry}{tab}{contactemail}{tab}{contactphone}{tab}{contactweb}{tab}{copyright}{tab}{copyrighturl}{tab}{country}{tab}{countrytaken}{tab}{countrycode}{tab}{countrycodetaken}{tab}{credit}{tab}{editstatus}{tab}{genre}{tab}{headline}{tab}{instructions}{tab}{iptcampm}{tab}{iptcdate}{tab}{iptcday}{tab}{iptcday0}{tab}{iptcdow}{tab}{iptcdow3}{tab}{iptchour}{tab}{iptchour0}{tab}{iptchour24}{tab}{iptcminute}{tab}{iptcmonth}{tab}{iptcmonth0}{tab}{iptcmonthname}{tab}{iptcmonthname3}{tab}{iptcmonthnameap}{tab}{iptcsecond}{tab}{iptctime}{tab}{iptcyear2}{tab}{iptcyear4}{tab}{keywords}{tab}{location}{tab}{locationtaken}{tab}{object}{tab}{photog}{tab}{province}{tab}{scene}{tab}{slug}{tab}{source}{tab}{sourcetype}{tab}{state}{tab}{statetaken}{tab}{subject}{tab}{suppcat1}{tab}{suppcat2}{tab}{suppcat3}{tab}{title}{tab}{transref}{tab}{urgency}{tab}{usage}{tab}{worldregiontaken}{tab}{actuations}{tab}{aperture}{tab}{aspect}{tab}{aspectcrop}{tab}{brightness}{tab}{bytes}{tab}{colormode}{tab}{colorclass}{tab}{colorclasscolor}{tab}{colorclassval}{tab}{comment}{tab}{comp}{tab}{corrupt}{tab}{cropheight}{tab}{cropwidth}{tab}{ev}{tab}{ev100}{tab}{filesize}{tab}{firmware}{tab}{flash}{tab}{flashcomp}{tab}{focusmode}{tab}{folder}{tab}{foldernum}{tab}{folderpath}{tab}{frame}{tab}{frame4}{tab}{hascrop}{tab}{height}{tab}{id}{tab}{iso}{tab}{lens}{tab}{lens35}{tab}{lenstype}{tab}{lenstypenum}{tab}{lightsource}{tab}{lock}{tab}{make}{tab}{mediatype}{tab}{meteringmode}{tab}{model}{tab}{owner}{tab}{parentfolderpath}{tab}{path}{tab}{pixels}{tab}{prefix}{tab}{printsize}{tab}{printsizecms}{tab}{printsizeinches}{tab}{program}{tab}{quality}{tab}{rating}{tab}{rawplusjpeg}{tab}{resolution}{tab}{resolutioncms}{tab}{resolutioninches}{tab}{rotation}{tab}{serialnum}{tab}{sharpness}{tab}{shutter}{tab}{software}{tab}{sound}{tab}{tag}{tab}{tonecomp}{tab}{type}{tab}{uniqueid}{tab}{user}{tab}{width}{tab}{whitebalance}{tab}{whitemode}{tab}{ampm}{tab}{date}{tab}{datemil}{tab}{datesort}{tab}{day}{tab}{day0}{tab}{dow}{tab}{dow3}{tab}{hour}{tab}{hour0}{tab}{hour24}{tab}{minute}{tab}{moddate}{tab}{modtime}{tab}{moddatesort}{tab}{modtimesort}{tab}{month}{tab}{month0}{tab}{monthname}{tab}{monthname3}{tab}{monthnameap}{tab}{now}{tab}{nowampm}{tab}{nowhour}{tab}{nowhour0}{tab}{nowhour24}{tab}{nowminute}{tab}{nowsecond}{tab}{nowsort}{tab}{nowsortlong}{tab}{nowsubsecond}{tab}{second}{tab}{subsecond}{tab}{time}{tab}{timesort}{tab}{timesortlong}{tab}{today}{tab}{todayday}{tab}{todayday0}{tab}{todaydow}{tab}{todaydow3}{tab}{todaymil}{tab}{todaymonth}{tab}{todaymonth0}{tab}{todaymonthname}{tab}{todaymonthname3}{tab}{todaymonthnameap}{tab}{todaysort}{tab}{todayyear2}{tab}{todayyear4}{tab}{tomorrow}{tab}{wiredate}{tab}{year2}{tab}{year4}{tab}{yesterday}{tab}{gamma}{tab}{icc}{tab}{prrx}{tab}{prry}{tab}{prgx}{tab}{prgy}{tab}{prbx}{tab}{prby}{tab}{wpx}{tab}{wpy}{tab}{jobname}{tab}{username}{tab}{usercompany}{tab}{useraddress}{tab}{useraddress2}{tab}{usercity}{tab}{userstate}{tab}{userzip}{tab}{usercountry}{tab}{userphone}{tab}{usermobile}{tab}{userweb}{tab}{useremail}{tab}{usercustom1}{tab}{usercustom2}{tab}{usercustom3}{tab}{locationtaken}{tab}{citytaken}{tab}{statetaken}{tab}{countrytaken}{tab}{countrycodetaken}{tab}{worldregiontaken}{tab}{clientname}{tab}{clientcompany}{tab}{clientaddress}{tab}{clientaddress2}{tab}{clientcity}{tab}{clientstate}{tab}{clientzip}{tab}{clientcountry}{tab}{clientphone}{tab}{clientmobile}{tab}{clientweb}{tab}{clientemail}{tab}{clientcustom1}{tab}{clientcustom2}{tab}{clientcustom3}{tab}{numstars}{tab}{event}

Thanks!
Chris

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 04:58:38 PM »
Thanks, Chris.  I'm glad you got it sorted.

Kind regards,

-Kirk