Photo Mechanic > General Discussion

Change dimensions when FTP upload

(1/1)

LarsSmook:
Hi Guys,

Not sure if this is possible already or that this must be a future request. I have two import customers that receive my images on daily base with a FTP upload. One customer wants the images as big as possible so I use the camera dimensions, while the other wants the images with the dimensions 30cm x 20cm 300ppi. Is their a way to set for one FTP connection a fixed size (longest side 30cm) and for another FTP connection a option to leave the dimensions original!? I saw that you can use 'to fit box: 3543 pixels' but when I check this option it's active for both FTP connections.

Cheers,
Lars

Kirk Baker:
Lars,

--- Quote from: LarsSmook on July 10, 2018, 01:46:18 AM ---Not sure if this is possible already or that this must be a future request. I have two import customers that receive my images on daily base with a FTP upload. One customer wants the images as big as possible so I use the camera dimensions, while the other wants the images with the dimensions 30cm x 20cm 300ppi. Is their a way to set for one FTP connection a fixed size (longest side 30cm) and for another FTP connection a option to leave the dimensions original!? I saw that you can use 'to fit box: 3543 pixels' but when I check this option it's active for both FTP connections.

--- End quote ---

Use the snapshot button (lightning bolt) to make two sets of settings, one for each customer (named appropriately).  Use the snapshot to load the customer-tailored settings.

-Kirk

LarsSmook:
Hi Kirk,

Thanks for your response. This is kinda the same as checking or unchecking the 'to fit in box:' section. Like most photographers (photojournalists) I use Photo Mechanic cause of the speed. So I might forget to check which preset is selected and when it's uploaded it's too late. I cannot request to delete my photos because of the wrong size. Also another problem, sometimes which big events like soccer finals etc. I work for both customers at the same time. So the only difference that I select another connection. So this might be a great feature for the future. I would also be great to give dimensions in CM's instead of pixels or inches.

Cheers,
Lars

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: LarsSmook on July 10, 2018, 01:34:20 PM ---I would also be great to give dimensions in CM's instead of pixels or inches.

--- End quote ---

You can change your units in the Preferences to be metric.

http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php/User_Manual_Flat_View#Files_Preferences

--- Quote ---Resolution Units: Choose between pixels per centimeter or pixels per inch. PPI is the default.
--- End quote ---

HTH,

-Kirk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version