Author Topic: Sort By Drop Down Window  (Read 2568 times)

Offline rbsandor

• View Profile
Sort By Drop Down Window
« on: August 01, 2018, 01:55:23 PM »
PM V 5.0, Build 19688 and Mac V10.13.6
In the View/Customize Tool Bar window, I dragged the Sort By window to the lower portion only to have it disappear. How do I restore the Sort By window? Thanks, Richard

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Sort By Drop Down Window
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 02:09:44 PM »
Richard,

PM V 5.0, Build 19688 and Mac V10.13.6
In the View/Customize Tool Bar window, I dragged the Sort By window to the lower portion only to have it disappear. How do I restore the Sort By window? Thanks,

Customize the toolbar again and use the defaults.

-Kirk

Offline rbsandor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 02:59:05 PM »
Kirk: when I open the View/Customize toolbar window, I don't see the option to customize again or where to drag the default set into the toolbar. A bit of handholding is needed. Here's my window and thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 04:59:59 PM »
OK.  Simply take that default toolbar containing all of the controls (the one outlined in a gray rectangle) and drag it up to the top of the Photo Mechanic window and then let go of it.  Then click the Done button.

You should now have all of the toolbar items back in their default order.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline rbsandor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2018, 05:55:14 AM »
Kirk: have dragged that portion to the top and clicked Done and still no Sort By. In my original post I said that I had dragged the Sort By window from the upper portion of the toolbar to the lower portion, only to see it disappear in the cloud of smoke.  So, it's absent from the Default Set and thus isn't restored. Help :) Richard

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2018, 08:25:14 AM »
Is the image you posted representative of what you're seeing when you choose to customize the toolbar on your system?  I have downloaded your image and annotated where the Sort menu exists.

-Kirk

Offline rbsandor

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2018, 08:42:21 AM »
Kirk: yes, I can see the Sort Type, but not the Sort By. The Sort By contains options for sorting by serial number, ISO etc. As I mentioned, I dragged the Sort By (don't ask me why) into the lower portion and the puff of smoke appeared indicating that it was deleted. Sort By is gone from the Default Set.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2018, 10:17:55 AM »
Kirk: yes, I can see the Sort Type, but not the Sort By. The Sort By contains options for sorting by serial number, ISO etc. As I mentioned, I dragged the Sort By (don't ask me why) into the lower portion and the puff of smoke appeared indicating that it was deleted. Sort By is gone from the Default Set.

There is no "Sort By" that I know of.  There is only "Sort Type" and it contains the options you describe.  See the photo that I have attached below that is a screen grab from my "Sort Type" menu on my system running PM5.

-Kirk

Offline rbsandor

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2018, 10:58:24 AM »
Kirk: bad memory on my part as I was thinking that the sort by was a separate window and not part of sort type. I've attached a screen shot of the tool bar. Even though I have dragged the default settings into the upper portion, the sort type is no longer present. Richard

Offline rbsandor

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2018, 12:49:47 PM »
Kirk: mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa for not following the instruction of dragging the item to the Tool Bar. Instead, I had dragged it to the upper portion of the Customize Tool Bar Window. Problem solved and thanks for your help and patience.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2018, 02:26:44 PM »
You're welcome, Richard!

Kind regards,

-Kirk