Photo Mechanic > Feature Requests

Cataloging and Feature requests

(1/2) > >>

robert s.:
Hi,

the cataloging feature is under development since 2012 (more than 6 years). In this time here are stranded so much great featurerequests, which will make PM much greater than it still is. Will the cataloging feature be completed in the near future? If not it would be good to change the priorities a bit, that some of the featurerequests could be implemented faster.

Greetings Robert

Kirk Baker:
Robert,

--- Quote from: robert s. on August 09, 2018, 02:12:33 AM ---the cataloging feature is under development since 2012 (more than 6 years). In this time here are stranded so much great featurerequests, which will make PM much greater than it still is. Will the cataloging feature be completed in the near future? If not it would be good to change the priorities a bit, that some of the featurerequests could be implemented faster.

--- End quote ---

PM6 has a great number of other features in it besides the Cataloging feature.  PM6 is not simply PM5 with Cataloging added on.

-Kirk

Odd Skjaeveland:

--- Quote from: robert s. on August 09, 2018, 02:12:33 AM ---...Will the cataloging feature be completed in the near future?

--- End quote ---

The question has been raised many times since 2012, even a few times this year 2018. The answers made it obvious that there is no set release date. As far as I understand, version 6 will have a catalog. The original idea was perhaps two PM variants, one with a catalog and one without a catalog, but I may not remember this correctly. We were at least once informed/hinted (by Kirk B. I believe) when version 6 went into feature freeze, something like a year ago. Here is a link to a thread about the expected cataloging function, almost a year ago http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=10691

Those reading tea leaves may have seen indications of PM 6 with catalog being released this year 2018. But that may be far beyond your sense of "near future". Luckily, there are quite a few alternatives for instant gratification if you badly need a catalog of some sort.

Good I am in no hurry in this matter.

robert s.:
No, I am not waiting for the Catalog, In don't need it. But I am really interested in PM 6 with his great new features Kirk was talking about. Hope it will be released fast!

robert s.:
Hey, 6 years, and not even a lookout of Version 6 or may a first alpha/beta?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version