Author Topic: Unable To Connect To Twitter Account  (Read 1405 times)

Offline Doug

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Unable To Connect To Twitter Account
« on: August 05, 2018, 08:09:32 AM »
Hi There..

Using PM Version 5 build No. 19695 on Windows 10 Laptop - 64bit.

Trying to connect to my Twitter Account via the Upload option.
Selecting Twitter as the selected Uploader, Going to 'Connections' and 'Add/Replace Account'
After 20 seconds (every time...), I'm getting this message..

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. - connect(2)

I've tried turning off the Firewall but to no avail (have an exclusion on PM in the Firewall in any case...)
On Twitter I had access allowed for PM but eventually selected Revoke Access in the hope of re-installing it - and now I can't find how to do that now   :) I presume that's done as part of the connection process ?

The Connections Settings Pop Up box doesn't seem to allow a manual entry.

Is there a way I can extend the time for the connection attempt or do you have any other suggestions ? Been trying this on and off for the past 2 weeks and feel that I'm missing something very obvious !! ​

Offline Jerry H

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Unable To Connect To Twitter Account
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 05:08:56 PM »
Hi Doug,

In our testing we weren't able to recreate any errors during the Twitter authentication process. What we did find is a problem when uploading files larger than 3MB, the uploads would fail because of a limit set by the server.

I'm not sure what's causing the failure to connect during the authentication process.

You can check for a DNS lookup issue by running the following command in a Command Prompt window:

nslookup api.twitter.com

The command above should return an IP Address for api.twitter.com.

If it's not a problem with your DNS lookup, then I suggest contacting our support department for further assistance.

By email: support@camerabits.com

By phone: +1 503.547.2800

Hours: Mon-Fri, 9:00am-5:00pm [PST/PDT]

-Jerry
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 05:12:34 PM by Jerry H »

Offline Doug

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Unable To Connect To Twitter Account
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 09:43:07 AM »

Thank You Jerry,

I did that and it is giving me an IP address so I'll email support as advised..

Thanks Again