Author Topic: Video files not ingested, but deleted - Nikon D4S  (Read 1567 times)

Offline tommygrealy

• View Profile
Video files not ingested, but deleted - Nikon D4S
« on: August 16, 2018, 07:45:11 AM »
Hi,

I ingested a batch from my CF card just now which contained 100+ images and and 2 videos
57 of the image files were locked on the camera and both of the video files were also locked

I had "copy locked photos only", "copy raw and non-raw photos" and "Erase source disk(s) after ingest"

I see the 57 images but dont see the 2 video files.
When I go back to the card, there are no folders (except two hidden ones starting with a "." and nothing in those either")

Is this expected behavior?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Video files not ingested, but deleted - Nikon D4S
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 11:29:39 AM »
Hi,

I ingested a batch from my CF card just now which contained 100+ images and and 2 videos
57 of the image files were locked on the camera and both of the video files were also locked

I had "copy locked photos only", "copy raw and non-raw photos" and "Erase source disk(s) after ingest"

I see the 57 images but dont see the 2 video files.
When I go back to the card, there are no folders (except two hidden ones starting with a "." and nothing in those either")

Is this expected behavior?

No.  I expect that the video files should copy, and that erasing only ever erases files that it actually copies successfully.  Sounds like a bug.

We'll look into it.  I'm sorry for your data loss.  You should be able to recover those files with an 'undelete' utility.

-Kirk

Offline tommygrealy

• View Profile
Re: Video files not ingested, but deleted - Nikon D4S
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 02:09:10 PM »
False alarm  - my camera saved the videos to mem card slot 2 which I never use normally.
Sorry! - no issue here