Author Topic: Open folders and sub folders then save selects  (Read 2048 times)

Offline Frank

• View Profile
    • Frank Fitzpatrick Photography
Open folders and sub folders then save selects
« on: August 19, 2018, 11:06:28 AM »
I have been trying to cull a large number of images and wanted to draw up a list of all images on a data drive. Open folder and sub folders in a new contact sheet works ok and I get a large number of images. I then select all the images and use Edit - save selection and name it selects.txt by default although sometimes I give it a more descriptive name but still keep it as a txt file.

I can rarely get PM5 to bring up the images previously selected, am I doing somehting wrong? All the images are on an internal drive K: Windows 10 Pro 8 Mb memory.   

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Open folders and sub folders then save selects
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 12:23:23 PM »
Frank,

I have been trying to cull a large number of images and wanted to draw up a list of all images on a data drive. Open folder and sub folders in a new contact sheet works ok and I get a large number of images. I then select all the images and use Edit - save selection and name it selects.txt by default although sometimes I give it a more descriptive name but still keep it as a txt file.

I can rarely get PM5 to bring up the images previously selected, am I doing somehting wrong? All the images are on an internal drive K: Windows 10 Pro 8 Mb memory.   

Do you open up your selects file with the "Load Selection..." command after you reopened your contact sheet?  Saving a selects file does not automatically restore it later.  You have to load the selects file.

-Kirk