Author Topic: MacOS pkg files from Luminar by Skylum  (Read 4521 times)

Offline Lee Butler

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
MacOS pkg files from Luminar by Skylum
« on: April 07, 2018, 10:23:47 PM »
Hello,

I just recently began using Luminar 2018 for most of my image editing and would like to open their native files (*.lmnr) right from Photo Mechanic. Unfortunately, those are MacOS pkg files which are really directory structures.

Photo Mechanic treats them as a directory and does not give me an option of opening the 'file' in Luminar. I tried changing it to .pkg (the Apple extension for package files) and PM still doesn't treat it as a file.

I can use Luminar to open files such as jpg and png with no problem because they are treated as normal files.

I would like to request a feature in PM to treat any *.lmnr directory as a filename and passed to Luminar for direct access from PM to Luminar.

Thanks!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: MacOS pkg files from Luminar by Skylum
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 11:05:19 AM »
Hello,

I just recently began using Luminar 2018 for most of my image editing and would like to open their native files (*.lmnr) right from Photo Mechanic. Unfortunately, those are MacOS pkg files which are really directory structures.

Photo Mechanic treats them as a directory and does not give me an option of opening the 'file' in Luminar. I tried changing it to .pkg (the Apple extension for package files) and PM still doesn't treat it as a file.

I can use Luminar to open files such as jpg and png with no problem because they are treated as normal files.

I would like to request a feature in PM to treat any *.lmnr directory as a filename and passed to Luminar for direct access from PM to Luminar.

Could you zip up one of these packages and post it here?  I'd like to take a look at it.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Lee Butler

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 10:45:02 AM »
I didn't get an email notification of your reply (I didn't check the box) and failed to check back until now...

Thanks for the reply! I have attached a zip file of a Luminar 'file' as seen on MacOS.

Lee

Offline Lee Butler

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2018, 09:03:38 PM »
Hi, just wanted to follow up and ask if there is anything else I can provide.

It has been a long time since I developed on a Mac (System 7 days) but I'm hoping that you could just pass the entire pkg filename to Luminar (or Aurora) when "Open With..." is used and they do everything else...

Thanks,
Lee