Photo Mechanic > Feature Requests

Adding, replacing and re-ordering keywords for a number of images

<< < (2/2)

Kirk Baker:
Graham,

--- Quote from: Graham1 on August 28, 2018, 01:02:06 AM ---
--- Quote ---Just FYI, keywords are stored as an unordered list, which means that any app that reads and writes metadata may reorder your keywords anyway.
--- End quote ---

Thank you for your reply.  My stock agency respects the order of keywords in uploaded images.  It also has separate limits both on the number of keywords and on the total number of characters (which is why I have, if I remember correctly, requested counters so that users can see these numbers from within PM), with any excess simply being cut off when the images are processed by the agency.  I therefore want my most important keywords to appear earlier, and the filler keywords to appear at the end, so that if there is any truncation it is less important. 

Moreover, the agency says that the order and proximity of keywords is relevant to its search engine, so I spend time getting keywords in a sensible order, which again is respected on uploaded images.  The system of this particular agency is less than helpful in that the order of keywords cannot be changed after upload, which means that I need to get the order right before the images are submitted.

The order of keywords is therefore important for my particular usage, even though more generally some applications may not recognise the order.

--- End quote ---

It's not just that they may not recognize the order, it's that they are free to reorder the keywords.  So be aware of this when you use other software.

-Kirk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version